ATI 8: old issue E000101F4- but need help

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by stansbury, Jan 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stansbury

stansbury Registered Member

I've been doing daily backups for 2 years and now that I need to restore an image, ATI does not work!

I know this has been covered many times over the years but I just crashed my other PC and need help.

I tried to use my boot CD and I got the error message about no hard drives detected. I've seen many posts all over the internet regarding this : uninstall, reinstall, clean registry, get new drivers, delete old drivers, use USB drive, etc,etc

but what is the current recommended fix?

Any value in upgrading to a new version to restore my images? (Though I see newest version does not gaurantee compatability with ver 8 )

Stan

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2009
  2. MrMorse

MrMorse Registered Member

I see 3 alternatives:

1. Ask Acronis for a special build of Ti8 which can recognize your devices

2. Use Ti2009 and try to restore a Ti8-image (I heard it works)

3. create a BartPE-Environment within Mustang's "Acronis True Image 8.0 BartPE Plugin at $4.99"

I would prefer the last suggestion with BartPE...

3. stansbury

MrMorse,

Thanks for info.

I went to mustang site and have 2 questions:

1. Can I build the necessary cd using a different pc than the one I need to repair? My desktop pc is the one that has crashed. (It is now in the shop because it would not even boot in safe mode. At first it would boot in safe mode then I moved some unsigned drivers around and it will not boot all. I am now using my laptop but i want to be ready to restore the image once shop gets pc up again). So can I build the bartpe cd on this laptop and use it on the desktop (I have original windows installation cd for desktop).

2. What exactly does bartpe do that will fix the error message I was getting? I've read that bart creates a repair environment, but I don't understand what I should do once I get that environment created.

background:

PC was working fine (I do daily backups). shutdown system, went on christmas vacation, came back, and it would not boot in normal mode. Could boot in safemode, but I could not restore my image using acronis rescue cd because of the above error message re no disks. I now suspect TI problem was due to my recent updating of TI 8 using typical install without uninstalling previous version. Anyway, after failing to restore image with TI8, I attempted to use windows xp restore utility. Went back over 2 months restore points but none solved the boot failure problem. I then began removing unsigned drivers and then could not even boot in safemode so I took pc to repair shop yesterday. Once they get it running I want to understand how to restore my image, in case i still get the 'no drives detected' error.

4. stansbury

MrMorse,
    I've read through the various bartpe and TI pluggin info and it looks very complicated to me.

Is this the best way to get TI8 to do what it is supposed to do, restore image from one drive to another? I am a home user (not a system admin) and it seemed to me that there were about 10-20 steps (or more) involved with getting bartPE, TI pluggin, etc. I'm perfectly willing to pay for a good program (which I though TI was) to make this easy.

I just want to make sure that there is no other way to get TI8 working correctly before I go down the bartPE / pluggin route.

Thanks,
    Frank

5. MrMorse

Hi Frank,

Here is the description to create a VistaPE-CD (same for XP) from the member MudCrab:
    Click

If you follow the steps you can create a CD/DVD.

And yes: You can use the PE-CD on every PC/Laptop.
    This CD starts an own and full working Windows using the RAM of your PC.
    All necessary drivers are there to recognize your hardware. Therefore I think you don't get the error message like under rescue-cd (there is a Linux working).

Under this OS you can start Ti8 and do your restore.

6. stansbury

MrMorse,

Thanks for your help, but I quit.

I tried two approaches to make PE disk, BartPE and WinBuilder, and both failed. Inevitabily some dialog box pops up and asks me a question I can't answer (and is not listed in user guides). In both cases programs could not seem to read my windows cd.

I'll turn this over to pros at my PC shop.

Thanks again for your help.

I am extremely disappointed in TI8. This is why I bought it, so I could backup and restore my self, but this is absurdly complicated. What good is backup program if you only can 'test' it (actually try a recovery) every 4 years and then find out it doesn't work or you can't figure out how to use it?

Is TI2009 any more reliable? Or do people recommend some other program?

stansbury

7. MrMorse

I'm sorry that I cannot recommend Ti2009 :doubt:

For alternatives you can see here:

Click1

Click2

8. stansbury

MrMorse,
    Thanks for help. I had read that thread re other programs.
    PC World also did not recommend TI2009, they said it was unreliable. They recommended ShadowProtect. Once I get my PC back from shop I will install that. (I had tried one free program (Macrium or something like that, but it would not run).

Thanks again for the tips.

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Firs of all, let me explain a cause of such issue: our CD version is based on Linux environment, and it has fixed list of drivers included to each CD. Of course we periodically update it with each new build. But CD for your version does not contain proper drivers, that's why you got this error.

Regarding VistaPE or BartPE - all recommendations are correct. The main difference that such versions use their own drivers for HDD, and most probably it will help you.

If it is unacceptable for you, we can provide you with special ISO file for your version of Acronis True Image Home with extended list of drivers. Thus, please contact us via livechat service and we will do our best to resolve this situation.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexander Nikolsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.