ATI 2009 Password Error

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by rmd2009, Feb 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rmd2009

rmd2009 Registered Member

Hello,

I am using the latest version of ATI 2009 (build 9709), and I am trying to do what should be a simple task. I am setting up one of my computers to back itself up, on a regular basis, to the shared hard drive of a second computer on my home network.

When creating a new backup task, after using 'browse' and selecting the proper backup location, I go into the 'authentication settings' dialog. If I check 'Use NT Authentication' and then press 'test authentication and connection', it reports success. If I then press ok twice, I get a message that says 'you have selected remote resource and have not specified credentials for it'. When I go back into the 'authentication settings' dialog, my settings are gone.

If I now type in a username and password into the 'authentication settings' dialog (which again reports success if I press 'test authentication and connection'), and don't check the 'Use NT Authentication' box, the same thing happens, as it appears to have erased my settings. If I fool with it for a while, I can sometimes get it to take my username and password (I'm still not sure which combination allows this), but then backup fails with a bad password. I'm not sure what's going on here.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

2. jehosophat

jehosophat Registered Member

I had the same thing yesterday with the same build.

I dont normally backup across a network so it is something that I very rarely do.

I am not sure if its a bug or whether I am doing something wrong with permissions on the network folders that I back up to. I was eventually able to backup across the network.

I think that I need to do some proper testing. Have you spoken to Live Chat about this?

3. PeterJCI

PeterJCI Registered Member

Re: ATI 2009 Password Error, same thing with build 9646

Hi
    i have exatly the same problem, i have the latest bulild 9646 installed made a revovery CD with this build and booted with this CD to revover a PartitionImage whitch I have on my Synology NAS 106e. And I have the same Problems as you discribed.o_O
    Anybody an idea what is to do?

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

rmd2009 and jehosophat, I have send you the files via PM. Please install then and see if the issue persists.

rmd2009,

Code:
    When I go back into the 'authentication settings' dialog, my settings are gone.
    Please try to complete the task management, after that NT Authentication will be saved.

PeterJCI,

Are you able to place a backup file to a network share? Also, are you an owner of a German version of the program?

Thank you.

--

Oleg Lee

5. bones5050

bones5050 Registered Member

I am having the smae problem as well. However, when using TI 2009 v. 9646 I had no problem backing up to my NAS device, however, as soon as I installed the latest version 9709 the problem started. I noticed my scheduled tasks were failing. I have no problem accessing the NAS device from windows...

6. rmd2009

Hi Oleg,

I installed the files you sent, but, unfortunately, they do not seem to have solved the problem. I am still having exactly the same behavior with the "NT Authentication" checkbox.

A new issue has come up since installing the patch. Every time I reboot I am asked "Do you want to run this file? schedhlp.exe". Regardless of how I answer, I am not able to solve the problem.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

Raymond

7. Acronis Support

Hello all,

bones5050, let;s try to do the following:

1) Please delete the present task.

2) Please make sure that .tib.tis files are not present at C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImage\Scripts

3) Please restart the service:

- Download the file;
    - Start the Command Prompt from Start -> Programs -> Accessories menu;
    - Run the following commands in the folder you saved the file to:

schedmgr task zap
    schedmgr service stop
    schedmgr service uninstall
    schedmgr service install
    schedmgr service start

4) Manage your task again and see if the issue remains.

rmd2009, you can try to execute the same operations. Also, any news about my reply?

Thank you.

--

Oleg Lee

8. rmd2009

Hi Oleg,

Your suggestion seems to have solved my problem, as I am now able to backup across my home network.

Creating a new task that does a backup to a 2nd machine now works, as long as I specify machine name\username and then the password. The "Use NT Authentication" option still does not work. I'm just going to ignore that, since I now have a way to do what I need to do.

Thank you for your help!

Best regards,

Raymond

9. Acronis Support

Hello Raymond,

I am glad to know that you are able to perform the backup tasks.

Thank you.

--

Oleg Lee

10. Eballer55

Eballer55 Registered Member

I am having the same problem. I tried the suggestions but got an error when I entered

schedmgr service start

the reply was :

service
    start
    rror: 3 (0x3) - The system cannot find the path specified.

I am using Vista 64bit so the paths might be different.

11. Eballer55

Eballer55 Registered Member

I used the IP Address of the remote machine rather than the machine name. This seemed to fix the problem. Hopefully my scheduled backups will work now.

12. Acronis Support

Hello Eballer55,

Please let us know the results.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.