ATI 2009 MSVCP71.dll error

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by azorganized, Mar 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. azorganized

azorganized Registered Member

I've used ATI 11 for some time with absolutely no problems. I recently purchased the new ATI 2009 at a users group meeting (CD - not download). Installed the product and ran a scheduled full backup last evening. Today, while attempting to print off the user's guide, encountered the error "Unable to locate component: Reader_SL.exe has failed to start because MSVCP71.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem". Tried an end run by accessing the user's guide through a different pull-down menu. Same approximate error message, but this time it was AcroRd32.exe that failed to start. All other menu options seemed to work fine.

Reinstalled the application: Same errors.

My system is an IBM desktop non-networked, non-wireless home computer using Windows XP w/all updates.

What can I try next, please?

Thanks

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello azorganized,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

If Windows is unable to run applications due to a .dll error, this .dll may be missing or you may have registry error. To solve the issue install Acronis True Image 11 Home on another computer (temporarily) then go to C:\Program Files\Acronis\TrueImageHome\Acronis\Files\Drivers and copy msvcp71.dll file to the same directory of your current computer.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

3. azorganized

azorganized Registered Member

Thanks for the advice. However, I don't have another computer I can reinstall 11.0 on. Also, I've tried removing TI 2009, and I now get 'a fatal error' abort when trying to do so. I just want to get this %^&* software off my system and return to 11.0. At least I know it works, even if backlevel.

Please help me NOW!

4. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

MSVCP71.dll is a Microsoft C Runtime Library dll and it sometimes goes missing for some reason; it is not a TI specific issue necessarily.

You can do a Google search and find how to replace it by extracting it or download it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.