ATI 11 NOt Seeing RAID is a Single Issue

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by shieber, Sep 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shieber

shieber Registered Member

When I told Tech Support that ATI 11 could not see my RAID array, Tech Support replied today:

"Thank you for using Acronis True Image 11.0 Home http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Please be aware that it is a single issue.

As a workaround please use Bootable Media created in Acronis True Image 10.0 Home.

If you want investigate the issue please send us detailed information about your system: . . . "

Apparently the RAID problem is news to them.

2. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Could be a language difficulty here ?
    Does it mean that you are the only one with the problem ?

I wondered why they had given a link to their advertising so I had a read and saw that the Migrate Easy tool included allows cloning to a new PC.

Xpilot

3. freeeagle

freeeagle Registered Member

Hello,
    i don´t think that this is a single issue. Backing up the System works fine. Creating the Rescue Media wasn´t a Problem too, but when i tried to restore the system i was very disapointed. The Rescue Media only regognizes one of my two raids. To make things clear i got

2 WD74 Raptors as a Raid 1 <--- Boot Device
    and
    4 Samsung 250GB as Raid 0+1 <---- Data Disks

The Data Disks are recognizef by Acronis, but the Boot Disks are not listed.
    The Disks are all on the same Controller Intel ICH8R

And the strangest thing, Acronis TI 10 recognizes all Devices. I hope there will be an update soon.

4. StardustOne

StardustOne Registered Member

it is not a single issue, I have the same issues with the ULI SATA RAID controller in the M1575 chipset (RAID Controller is a 5288 implementation). Neither TI 10 nor TI 11 was able to see the raid. TI is completely useless and nothing more than worthless software junk if it cannot see the raid controllers with the recovery cd. I am very disappointed by this because I tried all night to recover my system. All TI 11 was able to do was to destroy the RAID in the pc and I had to set it up again.

Thank you very much acronis for such a great job. Supporting all the raid controllers out there is a non-brainer, if this tool can't do it, I will look for solutions elsewere. TI backups are nothing more than waste of time if the customer is not able to restore them properly. If such a large company as acronis can't even integrate the simplest raid controller drivers into their product, they maybe should consider informing people of this before the money for the upgrade is spent!

5. shieber

I asked Tech Support what it meant and the reply was:
    "Saying "it is a single issue" I meant that not everyone who has raid has this problem. This issue persists with particular hardware configuration. Please accept our apologies for this inaccurate answer."

That still sounds like an underestiamtion of the problem. Could be more like ATI 11 works on a particular hardware configuration ;-)

Anyway, they also said:
    "We are aware of the issue and our Development team is working on this problem and it will be fixed soon."

I'm guessing it's a new version of linux on the boot CD so all or some new linux drivers perhaps and this is where things have gone off track.

6. SloPoke

SloPoke Registered Member

Acronis told you to use the ATI 10 recovery disk? In my experience the recovery disk built with ATI 10 does not recognize and cannot restore images created with ATI 11, so how is that going to help?

7. mustang

mustang Developer

I believe they are saying to use the TI10 CD to make both backups and restores.

8. jgivens

jgivens Registered Member

Same problem here, ATI 11 demo CD not recognizing my Intel SATA RAID. ATI 10 had no problem at all.

9. Runfox

Runfox Registered Member

Same trouble for me too, I have Asus P5B Deluxe.
    Boot cd or boot usb pen drive with TI10 saw all my hard disks, TI11 doesn't see them.

Ps I have Raid 0 and 1 single hard disk, on ICH8R and TI11 sees no disks, neither the single sata WD 74GB

Last edited: Sep 23, 2007
  10. shieber

If that is what they meant, they needn't have been so obtuse in saying so. They expect me to boot off the CD every time I want to make a backup? Why not jsut revert to ATI 10 on my harddisk (which is actually what I've done). No, I think they expected ATI 10 CD to be able to restore ATI 11. Some folsk have reproted beaing able to do so. Others report that the file reads invalid. However, it's worth pointing out that for some folks, on some setups, ATI 10 CD always reported tib files as invalid even when they were good ATI 10 tibs.

The puzzle deepens.

11. VijghenPh

VijghenPh Registered Member

Same issue for me, with RAID handled through Intel chipset RAID on my rather-popular Dell Dimension 9150.

To be more precise:
    > Intel(R) 82801GH I/O controller hub (ICH7DH) SATA Controller
    ...configured in RAID0 with two partitions (non of them being visible)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.