ATI 10 Users: Are you upgrading?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jrjrg, Oct 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jrjrg

jrjrg Registered Member

Are there any significant advantages in getting ATI 11 when ATI 10 is working ok? I'm not sure if I want to go through the hassle of uninstalling, installing and making a new boot up cd etc...

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

We know another build of ATI 11 is coming, to fix a number of major issues that show on on some machines, and a number of lesser ones that show on all machines.

It is possible that one more build of ATI 10 will be released. You need to look at the list of the new features in ATI 11 and decide whether any of them sound worthwhile.

For the try and decide feature, note that it only works with programs that do not require a reboot when they are installed -- whatever try and decide set up you try, ATI reverts once you reboot. Most of the other features you can probably get form other utilities although it might be nice to have some of the wrapped up in ATI.

If you like the ATI 11 new features, then it might be worth downloading a trial of it and seeing how it works for yourself. Just make a backup of your disk with ATI 10 before you do anything with 11, then you can get your disk back quickly if you decide you don't like and can't get 11 features to work for you. You might want to wait until the next build fo 11 comes out-- especially if you have a RAID that isn't running on an nvidia chipset -- ATI 11.8027 can only see the nvidia RAIDs, but htat should be fixed in the next build.

3. RTShaw

RTShaw Registered Member

nope i'm thru. no more 4 me.

4. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

If version 10 is working okay why are you even thinking of going to version 11? Some of us here are even sticking with version 9!!!!

5. Long View

Long View Registered Member

and what's wrong with 8 ?

6. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

There ya go. :D

7. bobmitch

bobmitch Registered Member

NO WAY!

I have enough problems with v10 recognizing my Firewire external drive with 965 chipset. Downloaded the trial v11. Now, it doesn't even recognize my RAID config...so why is v11 an upgrade from v10. At least 10 works

Bob

8. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

AMEN!!!!!!!!

9. salzan

salzan Registered Member

Nope. TI10 is the end of the line for me. I will also be quite surprised if they release an update to 10 since 11 is probably keeping them quite busy.

I expect to see TI12 with the all new "coffeemaker" feature....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.