ATI 10 I GIVE UP

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by cats2fish, Mar 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cats2fish

cats2fish Registered Member

I GIVE UP! I am uninstalling Acronis and looking for a new program. True Image 10 refuses to work properly, won't do incremental backups without errors, tried to install Build #4942 (which I assume is an update, Acronis terminology style) and my computer locked up with a big error screen. Many days my computer won't even boot properly with this program installed. TOO MANY PROBLEMS! There must be an easier way to backup my computer. Contacting Acronis Customer Support receives the reply,: "We only support older versions by Knowledge Base and Forum." Great! in other words, buy our newer product and we will help you for maybe a year or two....
    Edit/Delete Message

2. Wandering2

Wandering2 Registered Member

Well, since you've given up, I suppose there is no point in answering, and in any event, answering would be difficult since you include absolutely no information about your problem.

As a shot in the dark, V10 won't run on Vista properly, so that might be your problem.

Good luck.

3. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

Wandering:

Just for the record, Version 10 runs fine on Vista and fine on Windows 7. I've had zero problems with TI on either operating system.

4. cats2fish

cats2fish Registered Member

I believe I listed all the problems that occurred. numerous error messages after backup started which just said "backup completed, with errors." Duh? what errors? No explanation, and as I mentioned, NO Customer Service! Great company, right? By the way, I use XP not Vista.

5. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

I agree with you. It's time to give up. True Image doesn't work for everyone.

Uninstall TI 10. There's an Acronis utility to completely remove it if you are not convinced that all significant traces are gone.

If your system then runs correctly, you have confirmed that TI 10 was the source of the instability. If the system is still unstable, then you have additional work to do. It might even require a clean re-install of Windows XP unless you have some older backups with TI 10 that you could restore using the TI 10 Rescue CD.

When your system is stable and you are satisfied with it, you can decide on what other backup program would suit you better. Check out ShadowProtect. It is quite different and gets good reviews.

6. kodl2

kodl2 Registered Member

Wandering2, are you employed by Acronis? I have no other explanation for your post.

7. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Not likely. I have used every TI version starting with 9 and have never had a problem other than a bad SATA cable connection which certainly wasn't TI's fault - even though the problem only became very obvious when TI couldn't validate the archive.

For the record, I only do full, manual backups of my C partition.

This doesn't mean TI doesn't have its issues and image programs appear to get a bit more tied to the hardware than most other applications.

8. Phil B.

Phil B. Registered Member

I run Version 10 on my Vista machine with no problems.

9. Dataminer

Dataminer Registered Member

I've got problems with ATI 10 on WinXP SP3, too.
    But I solved them by myself:

See post https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=235610 for more details.

PS: First time, Acronis Support won't help me, too (support contact directly). But they do in the forum.
    See the post-link above for response of Acronis support.

10. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello cats2fish,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

If you would like we can investigate the issue, can you please attach log file with error message?

- Start Acronis True Image;
    - Select Tools -> Show log;
    - Choose the log entry which contains errors;
    - Click on the diskette icon, choose the location (folder) and save there;
    - Send us the log.

Have you tried to install trial version of Acronis True Image Home 2009? Do you have the same issue using the latest version?

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.