ATI 10 and BART PE

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by hgratt, Dec 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hgratt

hgratt Registered Member

I have just upgraded to ATI 10 and need to build a BART PE cd (as a result of a previous thread of mine).

I did a complete install which did create the BART plugin folder. However, even after registering ATI 10, I still cannot find the Acronis instructions for integrating the plugin into the the BART pebuilder. The instructions given by the pebuilder are unclear.

I can get to the screen where the plugins are shown and I assume I am to hit the "add" button - but I don't know what files pebuilder is looking for (it indicates .cab files) - I navigate to the BartPE folder in Program Files but don't know what to do at that point.

Can someone point me to the location of the Acronis instructions or guide me thru this process?

Thanks,
    Harvey

2. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

Copy all the files from the C:\Program files\Acronis\TrueImageHome\Bartpe folder to the plugins folder created when you installed BartPE. You can create a folder called Acronis TrueImageHome in the BartPE plugins folder if you like and copy the files there. Read the Pebuilder page http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/. Plugins are always added to the plugin folder.

3. hgratt

hgratt Registered Member

O.K., that broke the code. I found the PEbuilder plugin folder and created a new folder there called Acronis. I then copied the ATI BartPE folder directory and its subfolders to the PE builder plugin "Acronis" folder ( I kept the directory structure of the BartPE folder).

This appeared to work. When I opened up pebuilder again, Acronis now showed up under the enabled plugins and I could proceed with the build.

Trying to directly burn a cd failed. However, I was able to build an ISO image and then burn that image to a cd. When I booted from the newly created BartPE cd, it booted up correctly. I was then able to start up ATI from the cd.

However, I had a mixed bag of results. Image verification was twice as fast as with the Acronis CD - almost as fast as I could do it from within Windows. Backing up my C drive took about the same amount of time as the Acronis CD and both were in the order of 1.5 hrs as opposed to about 22 minutes from within Windows. I thought the whole point of the PE exercise was to get better USB2 drivers - the BartPE environment did not seem to help in this case.

I didn't try any restores - I can only hope that their speeds are more like the verifications speeds which did see an improvement.

Is there anything else I could have done to get better speeds or is this it?

Thanks,
    Harvey

4. Highplain

Highplain Registered Member

I just found this problem myself. Another workaround (the one that I used) was to roll the contents of the ATI Bartpe plugin folder into a .cab file and point Bartpe to that when creating the .iso image.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.