ATI 10.0 stuck at 53% Everytime

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by agoodfella, Oct 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. agoodfella

agoodfella Registered Member

OK, please help.

I have been backing up my new laptop (Vista Ultimate -- I am running ATI 10.0 latest build) onto a new Seagate Free Agent (USB) about every few days.

Today, I was backing up a rather large partition (one that I only backup about once a week because of its size). I set it up for backup overnight. When I woke, I must have tried to hit the "Sleep" button one too many times, because I got the dreaded blue screen of death.

Well, now it seems that I cannot successfully backup my C: drive either to another hard drive on my laptop or my external hard drive.

Each time, the progress gets stuck at 53% and then just hangs until I either get a blue screen or I need to reboot.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling ATI 10.0 (latest build) but no joy.

What could be wrong?

Please help!

Thanks

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Are you sure there's enough space on the external drive?

3. agoodfella

Yes there is plenty of space on the drive.

Besides, the same thing happens even when I try and save on my laptop harddrive as well.

Can anyone help?

4. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

My next steop would be to check the main drive for disk errors. Maybe run chkdsk.

5. agoodfella

I've checked both the hard disk and external drive for errors.

They are both fine.

It seems that there is an issue with ATI. Otherwise, what are the odds that a backup either on the hard disk AND the external drive BOTH stall at 53%?

Furthermore, I was making backups fine up until that accidental re-boot. Ever since, I've had the same stuck at 53% problem... something seems to be corrupted, but I've already uninstalled and reinstalled ATI once.

Can anyone recommend any solutions?

6. agoodfella

Can anyone help?

Frankly, I'm really frustrated with ATI and am thinking about switching to another backup utility - and I've been a loyal user of ATI for over 5 years... but I'm at my limit.

When it works, it works great. But when it doesn't, there never seems to be an easy solution... I'm really at a loss now as to what to do.

Do I have to start from scratch?

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup software.

agoodfella, please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post and submit a request for technical support via web form. Please attach all the collected files to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Alexey Bogomolov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.