AT&T U-verse AV & FW + ESS V4 ???

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by COSMO26, May 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. COSMO26

COSMO26 Registered Member

XP SP3 - ESS V4.0.437.0 ..... We anticipate getting the AT&T U-verse Fiber-optic pkg of Phone-Internet-TV that has its own AV-FW Pkg & I presume (will confirm) one can disable the ATT Security if desired.

Has anyone installed this U-verse pkg and what was the outcome of having ESS V4? AT&T is promoting it heavily here, at least, the reps imply their Security is Unmatched - so this question of co-existence or "choose one" should start surfacing more as installs increase.

Last edited: May 24, 2009
  2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hello!

You say this is "pkg of Phone-Internet-TV" which means whatever it is , it is just internet . ESS is client-based software , it protects your computer and nothing else . Nothing special should happen - just changing the internet provider/access type.

3. Woody777

Woody777 Registered Member

This is a complete package long distance tel, Wireless networking, Fiberoptic connection. High Def service etc. Nowhere in the literature that I got promoting this service did I see any Security Applications included but At&T does have some maybe for free if you want to install them. I installed Avira free on my neighbors computer & it seemed to work well. I avoided a firewall but I would guess that the windows firewall was working on that computer any way. I think I would try this out if I ever move etc. but I would not tear apart my system just to try this out.

4. COSMO26

COSMO26 Registered Member

Thanks for the replies. Note that I'm repeating what a contracted-by-AT&T sales rep with a 3-ring binder is stating after training classes.

I'm just hoping a U-verse + ESS user will post actual experience although, worst case, keeping ESS V4 is my intent.

... Maybe someone will pop up & post from having dealt with this.

5. DarrenDavisLeeSome

DarrenDavisLeeSome Registered Member

Be careful with AT&T.

I've known a handful of people who've subscribed to U-verse service.

Theire customer service/support is an atrocious nightmare. Their billing procedures are even worse.

Whatever you do, don't sign a long-term contract with them no matter what kind of package deal they offer you. You'll regret it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.