AT 8.0 & DI 7.0

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by pepegot1, Jan 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pepegot1

pepegot1 Registered Member

Is there any reason why Acronis True Image 8.0 & Drive Image 7.0 cannot reside on the same computer without one disturbing the other?
    In other words, one backs up the other.
    Sorry for the double dip.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2005
  2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

I ran Acronis True Image and PowerQuest Drive Image 2002 in parallel for a few weeks until confident that TI was stable on my system. No problems.

Regards

3. mareke

mareke Registered Member

Running different image software on the one computer is fine but different versions of the same program may not be without its problems. Trying to install TI 8.0 it would want to update version 7.0 and I don't know if it would give you the choice of installing it separately to a different place. If you did manage to install it you could have 2 True Image monitors running in the background or one monitor for both versions which may be a problem. It's not something I would try.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello pepegot1,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

The problems might occur because both programs (Acronis True Image and Powerquest Drive Image) use low level hard disk drivers. However usually Acronis True Image is able to work properly with other software.

If the problem appears it appears when you create image rather than you restore one. Since in this case your system works normally you are able to uninstall Drive Image and work with Acronis True Image.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.