Asus P4C800 Deluxe

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by me75006, Aug 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. me75006

me75006 Registered Member

Concerning TI7 v627, v634 , and compatibility with the ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe motherboard. I would like to build my next pc using this motherboard. I am undecided as to 2 IDE drives or 2 SATA drives AND if either combo will work as expected with True Image 7.0 . I would guess two IDE drives would be just fine, however after following the posts here, I am unclear as to how two SATA drives would perform with TI 7. Not going to do RAID, prolly 2 ATA drives on IDE0, and a cd burner & dvd on IDE1. The reason I am considering the SATA drives, is I have a notion that they are faster than ATA 100/133 drives.
    Thanx in advance. ;)

2. fLoOdY

fLoOdY Registered Member

-Sure will. Motherboard is the P4C800-E Deluxe with a an Adaptec 39320 HostRaid SCSI [RAID 0] array consisting of two striped 76GB Seagate Cheetah 15K3 drives.

The third drive is a WD2500JD, which is a Western Digital Caviar SE 250GB 7200 RPM SATA Drive. The system "runs" on the Cheetahs, but I wanted a big. but "slower mover" for image backups with True Image 8.0 .

I've allocated half of the SATA drive to the Secure Zone and have a daily incremental backup scheduled. I've successfuly accessed the image several times , both from the Startup Recovery Manager and the bootable Recovery CD.

I'm also doing DVD+RW backups to a new Plextor PX712SA drive, which is the first SATA burner to show up in the channel. It's a superb drive. I have 6 Plextors of various vintages. They're all still running. I would not consider using anything else. :D

For the foreseeable future, the chief advantage of SATA devices will be the elimination of the airflow-obstructing parallel ATA ribbon cables. All currently available drives I'm aware of use a SATA to PATA bridge. The throughput is about the same as the corresponding ATA version. I'm using the ICH5 SATA interfaces only at this point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.