Asus M51ac motherboard

Discussion in 'hardware' started by Nibor, May 20, 2018.

1. Nibor

Nibor Registered Member

I am installing a new PSU in my Asus tower PC and wish to know what options I have. Is there a clearly labelled image of the connections and functions available on my Asus M51ac motherboard for reference? A technical or maintenance manual would be ideal but the User Manual supplied is useless.

2. pandlouk

pandlouk Registered Member

3. Nibor

Nibor Registered Member

Problem solved!
    Many thanks indeed. Your reference led me to the manual at
    <https://gzhls.at/blob/ldb/0/e/3/7/de24725b2633ccbb6de50f7bbf3c6deb62dd.pdf#page90>
    which gave me all the information I need.
    The User Manual for M51ac is marginally less useful than totally useless for anything residing inside the case.

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2018
  4. pandlouk

pandlouk Registered Member

You're welcome.:)
    Have fun with your new psu.

Panagiotis

5. Nibor

Nibor Registered Member

Readers may be interested to know that the original PSU had fitted perfectly inside my Asus case. However, my new PSU with exactly the same nominal dimensions was approximately 1mm too big to fit easily because of the obtruding power switch and its bezel. A modicum of brute force applied to the frame of the case (accompanied by ignorance) solved the problem.

6. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

Maybe instead a file applied to the cutout for the switch? Using a vacuum cleaner, to make sure that filings don't end up inside :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.