Assistance in Automation

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by rperry, Oct 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rperry

rperry Registered Member

Our standard and default install of NOD32 on our network enables AMON, IMON, DMON, and EMON. However, we use a product in some labs called Vision by GenevaLogic. This software requires that IMON (and EMON) is turned off.

What I am looking for is a method that I can include as part of the Vision installation script that will reconfigure NOD32 at the same time. I want to "pull" a new configuration file, turn off IMON and EMON, and disable those modules.

As I have yet to get my rear in gear to learn vbscripts, I was wondering if anyone out there has already crossed this bridge and already has a solutiono_O

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Richard

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hello Richard . Do you have NOD32 Enterprise Edition / Remote Administrator Console/ . If you have RAC , you can configure them remotely by putting into new group and pushing new configuration for that group via the Mirror , the configuration made by the Configuration editior .

If you have less computers , you can sit at them and manually open Control Center and turn off EMON/Unload IMON

Any special requirements for your network , how many computers(with NOD32) do you have ?

3. rperry

rperry Registered Member

Yes, we have the Enterprise edition and use the RAC. The problem is that pushing a new config file only disables the module, but does not unload it. In order to unload the module correctly, we still have to manually unload the module. Considering that we lock down the client, entering the password on every client machine to unload the module is a real pain in the tail!

This is the reason that I wanted to see about "pulling" a new config, disabling the module, and then unloading it all within a script. Unless someone knows of a way to not only disable, but also unload, the module from the RAC.

Richard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.