Assign New Letter To Hard Drive

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by flynby, Sep 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flynby

flynby Registered Member

I purchased the Paragan Backup & Recovery 12 last month. I called the Paragan tech support and they walked me thru the installation. I have 2 hard drives now. Hard drive "C" is Windows 7 Pro. Hard drive "G" is Windows XP 32 bit. Now the New Hard Drive is "G" as well. The reason for XP is I found some 3rd party software I use does not work well on Win 7.
    It was decided to make a copy of my "G" drive(the XP) to the new hard drive.
    Everything seemed to work well until yesterday.

Problem: I have decided to go back and use my original "G" XP hard drive. I have a SATA device that allows me to plug in the newer hard drive to my computer externally. All my hard drives are SATA.

Question: With the Backup & Recovery 12, is it possible to rename the NEWER hard drive to some other letter beside "G"? I am thinking this is causing a problem for me to transfer files from the new HD to the older HD because they are the same letter. Is so; where would I find the instructions in the manual? Appreciate any suggestion and your time.

2. wptski

wptski Registered Member

You do that from Windows, MyComputer>Manage>Disk Management. The list of drives will appear, select the drive, right-click(I think) and change drive letter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.