Assign New Letter To Hard Drive

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by flynby, Sep 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flynby

flynby Registered Member

I purchased the Paragan Backup & Recovery 12 last month. I called the Paragan tech support and they walked me thru the installation. I have 2 hard drives now. Hard drive "C" is Windows 7 Pro. Hard drive "G" is Windows XP 32 bit. Now the New Hard Drive is "G" as well. The reason for XP is I found some 3rd party software I use does not work well on Win 7.
    It was decided to make a copy of my "G" drive(the XP) to the new hard drive.
    Everything seemed to work well until yesterday.

Problem: I have decided to go back and use my original "G" XP hard drive. I have a SATA device that allows me to plug in the newer hard drive to my computer externally. All my hard drives are SATA.

Question: With the Backup & Recovery 12, is it possible to rename the NEWER hard drive to some other letter beside "G"? I am thinking this is causing a problem for me to transfer files from the new HD to the older HD because they are the same letter. Is so; where would I find the instructions in the manual? Appreciate any suggestion and your time.

2. wptski

wptski Registered Member

You do that from Windows, MyComputer>Manage>Disk Management. The list of drives will appear, select the drive, right-click(I think) and change drive letter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.