Asp.Net Machine A...'s (new account on my computer?)

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by acr1965, Mar 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Where did this come from? Is it from one of those .NET Framework updates? I go to check my admin account and this is on the menu...some pic of a karate guy and listed as a limited account and password protected. I am the only person who has ever had access to this machine. And as admin, it looks like I can change it if I wish. Is it safe to delete this? Is the password the same as my admin account password? I never created this limited account named ASP.Net Machine A...'s account. And this is the first time it has appeared on my computer that I have seen.

2. nick s

nick s Registered Member

I don't remember at what stage of the Windows .net rollouts that the asp.net account gets created, but it is safe to delete.

Nick

3. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Thanks for the info. But what is the purpose of it? It seems like M$, and all their "security" issues would let someone know if new accounts are being created on their machine.

4. nick s

nick s Registered Member

From What is this new user account for? What created it?:

"...Another user account is created for the ASP. Net Worker Process (Aspnet_wp.exe) so that it is not running with administrator privileges. This helps to increase security because if there was a breach the worker process is running as a lowly restricted user rather than having administrator privileges on the local machine. The big complaint with there being another user created is that when it is created it will prevent auto logon had there previously only been one user on the computer..."

Nick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.