Ask Jeeves' products

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by AskJeeves, Aug 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AskJeeves

AskJeeves Registered Member

Dear Javacool,

You're still preventing some of our products from being installed. I've asked more than a month ago for a justification and have not heard back. I've even sent snail mail to your PO Box, and haven't heard back.

Can you please get in touch so that we can work this out amicably.

Thanks,
    -Kirk

Kirk Lawrence
    Director, Internet Security and Privacy
    klawrence at askjeeves dot com

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hello Kirk,

Hope you don't mind me asking in this thread since this concerns "Ask Jeeves' products" and whether Spyware\Adware folks are indeed justified in preventing some of those products from being installed.

You made a post over a month ago in this thread which is in regards to dialog you were having over at the Spywarewarrior Forum. In that thread with the Site Admin(Suzi) and noted Spyware Expert Ben Edelman(who wrote this article concerning AskJeeves) you made mention of a response forthcoming from you but at that time was awaiting your PR folks having a look at it. By chance do you have that response approved yet ?

3. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Mr. Lawrence -

We are in recent receipt of your snail mail communication, and will respond to you after our evaluation is complete.

Thanks for your patience.

Best regards,

Javacool Software LLC

4. AskJeeves

Dear Javacool,

Thanks for getting back to me and for your upcoming evaluation. If I could be so bold as to make a request - I would like the opportunity to address any concerns that you may have before you pass judgment. I can and will elaborate on what we've done to tighten up ship, but obviously can't do it in an open forum for confidentiality and security (and PR) reasons.

Again, thanks for the reply.

Best regards,
    -Kirk

5. AskJeeves

Hey Bubba,

I really REALLY wish I could. The latest is that we've got a PR agency now involved... yadda yadda yadda, next meeting is like Sept 7th. I feel bad about that because all I wanted to do is address people's concerns but Ben E's post complicated things for me because of his past article(s) on us and the fact that he's a "legal" guy. One must be very careful what one says. So at the end of the day we'll get some PR sanitized statements - which should answer the questions, but perhaps not to the satisfaction and level of detail that you (and I) might like.

Regards,
    -Kirk

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

I hope you are good at ducking Kirk because you might be in the line of fire as your PR folks share their detail and the anti-adware\spyware folks share their detail.

In any case....Thanks for responding to my above questions and will continue following not only your official posts but will also give credence to private citizen posts you have or may post in the future.

I have no doubt AskJeeves will clean up their act if indeed they have an act to clean up. I also know you know that we as surfers will do what it takes to attempt to clean up this mess that is being made.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.