ashampoo powered by avira??

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by zfactor, Dec 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

i thought this av did horrible?? see here:
    http://www.av-comparatives.org/forum/index.php?page=Thread&postID=2468#post2468

i was suprised to read this and i did some looking and it does say in fact powered by avira?? why then does everyone say it does so bad all the time?? just curious i can get ashampoo av dirt cheap..aka free from a freind of mine.. is it worth it?? if in facts its really avira man that would be sweet id basically have avira for free.

but what about the rest of the program??

Last edited: Dec 15, 2007
  2. s4u

s4u Registered Member

ashampoo is Avira. But Avira Classic I believe so without spyware protection

3. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Ashampoo AV is based on the Avira 7.0 Premium engine. But no HTTP scanner, a few features are not well-refined, etc.

Last I remember, Ashampoo AV did not use the Avira heuristics for the on-access scan. They said that a future version will fix this; but I have not tried any future version since then, so I don't know if this is still the case.

Yes, it does detect spyware, rootkits, etc. :)

4. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

Even the best engine wont work without definition updates, and that's probably why it fails.

5. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

ahh okay so maybe ill stay away for now.. i thought it would be a great deal..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.