Ashampoo Firewall and Limewire

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by widgetwilk, May 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. widgetwilk

widgetwilk Registered Member

If this is not in the right place please someone tell me,

I cannot use Limewire or Frostwire with Ashampoo FW, all I get is endless pop-ups, something to do with outgoing,
    have gone into Rules/Edit/ and changed from 'use these rules' to Full access, and after I closed down, Frostwire started to work alright, then an Error message came up about 'blocking Port 6346'
    could not clear it and had to reboot,

I use to use this program with no trouble, but what to know what has happened.
    thankyou

2. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

Ashampoo firewall is very p2p-friendly, but also conflicts with some programs (some AVs can't update for example, because it gives you no pop-up at all...). I have never used Limewire. What i do with EMule and Torrent is delete all rules, then add a rule manually (i think there is a "add rule" on the upper right corner") browsing to the point the executable is, and tick "full access". Don't just edit the existing rule. Delete it and add the rule yourself. In this mode i never had trouble.

Also, i would reccommend disabling in options the "protect firewall" or something , because it generates many errors in event viewer.

Good luck.

3. widgetwilk

widgetwilk Registered Member

Thank you for your reply, will give that a go and see what happends,

not much else help here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.