Ashampoo Antivirus Nightmare...

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by fubag, Jan 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fubag

fubag Registered Member

When Ashampoo Antivirus first came out, I was thrilled and immediately downloaded the program and installed only to unleash a fury of nightmares...

After attempting to uninstall the program, Ashampoo Antivirus forgot to completely uninstall...

Now I am stuck with a huge problem...Windows Security Center still tells me that Ashampoo Antivirus is installed but is turned off...

I have tried numerous times to install and uninstall the program, but to no satisfactory results.

I even installed various registry cleaners to try and completely remove Ashampoo, but nothing worked.

I need your help! I need you to tell me how I can uninstall Ashampoo completely and remove it from Windows Security Center detections...

I tried recently installing Freedom Internet Security from my cable company, only to face the blue screen of death, so I need your help removing Ashampoo Antivirus completely and getting Windows Security Center from recognizing that there is no antivirus installed.

Thanks for your helps guys, I am really depending on this forum to help.!!!

2. fubag

fubag Registered Member

I NEED HELP PEOPLE!

3. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

4. Littlemutt

Littlemutt Guest

5. huntnyc

huntnyc Registered Member

@Littlemutt,

That fix did the trick for me getting my Security Center straight from bad Avira Suite uninstalls. Just not a very clean uninstall routine from Avira. Thanks a lot.

Gary

6. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Did he say or am I just missing it what the real problem was other then the Security Feature in Windows. My Windows Security says I have more then one AV and one is reporting it is up to date. :p No I don't I have Avira PE and it is up to date. I have that walking refregerator from CA 2005 EZ AV refuse somewhere confusing Windows Security o_O o_O but this has caused no problems at all. Just some uninstalled marker or something that did not get uninstalled. But again system is stable as can be. ;)

7. Thorny

Thorny Registered Member

The problem is caused by third part software uninstall routines not purging the wbem repository database cleanly. This causes the Windows Security Center to incorrectly report that the software is still installed on your computer, in fact it is not. Although it can be very annoying to see the Windows Security Center display incorrect data, it causes no other problems with your computer as it is just referencing a database.

If you want to clear the database so only the correct information is showing in the Windows Security Center, then you must delete the wbem repository file!

In control panel click on Administrative Tools, then Services, from the list of services find Windows Management Instrumentation right click mouse and from dropdown list stop the service.

Find folder C:\windows\system32\wbem, inside this folder identify the repository folder and delete only the repository folder from your computer.

In Administrative Tools find Windows Management Instrumentation service again, and re-start the service by right clicking mouse and pressing start from dropdown list. Restarting this service re-builds the repository folder, which now will only contain information about your currently installed antivirus & firewall programs

To reset the Windows Security Centre you must re-boot your computer.

8. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

NIGHTMARE!!!!!

i was expecting a big problem with it here, this is happened with other avs before now and doesnt seem soo much a big deal, this thread is mis-leading at first appearance lol :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.