AShampoo Anti virus

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by david banner, Feb 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. david banner

david banner Registered Member

2. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

it used to used an old version of avira.

either way,

simply avoid.

3. david banner

david banner Registered Member

;) Thanks for the tip, it is not mentioned anywhere on ~Link Removed. Not recommended by Wilders. - Ron~ the AV review anyway

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2008
  4. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Ashampoo's AV costs ~$30. Based on the several screenshots at above cited link, it doesn't appear to have any relationship to Avira. It DOES resemble BitDefender's GUI. Speaking of which -- if someone wants BitDefender, why not buy the real thing ($25 at BD's own site, or $20 at Software Outlet)?

As to the quality of Ashampoo's AV -- that outfit produces a broad spectrum of software. VERY broad. The stuff I have tried (uninstaller & firewall) has been stable & very "okay" -- but I didn't keep it. Not for bad reasons. I just liked other apps better.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2008
  5. Ropera

Ropera Registered Member

I installed some time ago in Vista, made my OS slow...or maybe it was the other way around...

6. rogervernon

rogervernon Registered Member

You'll get masses of Spam from Ashampoo once they have your email address.:thumbd:

7. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Ashampoo AntiVirus uses the latest version of the Avira AntiVir Premium Edition engine. They are, however, a little bit slow on picking up on new features and technologies, so I wonder WHEN exactly Ashampoo will get an HTTP scanner (already in Avira) or the v8 engine (when it is released).

It lacks a little bit in the features area, but I'd suggest you try it for yourself before making a decision.

8. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

If you try it you will probably get an offer to purchase it for $9.99 or so from them at some point. You can also make your own offer for it with the "name your price" feature, or whatever it is called. Their trial period is like 40 days so that should be plenty of time to decide if you want to keep the product.

9. midway40

midway40 Registered Member

That is true about Ashampoo--I was trialing Burning Studio 7 when one day I got an offer in the email from them offering ABS 7 for $9.95 (regular price $39.95). Needless to say I jumped on the deal :D

10. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.