Ashampoo Anti-Virus discussion thread

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by PEllis, Nov 10, 2016.

1. PEllis

PEllis Guest

I thought I create a discussion for this AV since other threads are about giveaways or are locked.

Is anyone else having a lot of false positives with their BB?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2016
  2. haakon

haakon Guest

Only when I had too many things checked under the Behavior Blocker (optional) tab in Settings, especially the Monitor URLs... one.

The BB in Ashampoo is Emsisoft and is know to be a tad more aggressive than others. Which is good or bad depending on ones expectations for BBs.

Fortunately the BB (recommended) and (optional) and the four other Settings tabs offer a level of configuration that will satisfy expert users.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2016
  3. PEllis

PEllis Guest

I had to uninstall Ashampoo Anti-Virus. Windows Defender kept turning on, despite having AAV installed. My screen would go black also.

4. PEllis

PEllis Guest

5 months into the year and Ashampoo still haven't released their 2017 version.

5. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Been giving it a trial, and it seems to be basically just a shell on top of Emsisoft's Anti-Malware SDK. As far as I can see, the protection levels and engines are basically on par with Emsisoft. It works fine, updates fine, generally is non-intrusive. Curiously, support did not answer me on a potential 2017 version as of yet. But the components itself and SDK seem to be properly updated; and given the very small development team of Ashampoo, I'd not be surprised if Emsisoft was itself keeping an eye on this product.

The behaviour blocker is very powerful; but I'd guess an ordinary user would rather prefer BitDefender's Active Virus Control over this. There is no cloud scanner that I am aware of (perhaps also true for Emsisoft).

Ashampoo Anti-Virus is always on bargain somewhere, so it's an excellent way to get an equivalent product to Emsisoft Anti-Malware for a cut rate.

6. PEllis

PEllis Guest

The price has dropped significantly. Now $19.99.

7. PEllis

PEllis Guest

Ashampoo no longer list this product on their website. I guess it's been discontinued?

8. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

It's still available on their website. I did a Google search for it and Ashampoo had an ad for it, at the top of the results. You can still download a buy it, even though it is not listed amongst their products.

9. Firecat

Yes, Ashampoo no longer maintains this product. Their product page also does not state Windows 10 compatibility.

Program updates are stopped - definitions update continues.

10. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

Hi all

The new Ashampoo AntiVirus will come in 4-6 weeks

I have asked Ashampoo for that and for more infos about this and for Screenshots

With best Regards
    Mops21

11. Behold Eck

Behold Eck Registered Member

Interesting news.

I just hope it`s not going to be another Bitdefender clone.

Regards Eck:)

12. roger_m

Thanks for information, I look forward to trying it.

13. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

Hi all

I have some new Infos for you all

The Antivirus is already almost done. The publication plan is currently being developed by the colleagues. But I still can not send you anything in advance. I still have to ask you for more patience.

With best Regards
    Mops21

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
  14. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

August 2018, Mops21 reported a new AV was coming. February 2019 -- some 6 months later -- Mops21 says it's almost done. Hmmm... it shouldn't take that much time to develop a clone AV. I wonder if they are coming out with their own AV or if they are just very slow. Time will tell.

P.S. -- "Ashampoo" is a lousy name for an AV. I want an AV that will seek & destroy -- not something to wash my hair with. Ergo, I'm on the lookout for an AV named "The Honey Badger" -- pound-for-pound, it's THE meanest, toughest, most fearless, most aggressive creature on Planet Earth.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
  15. bigwrench9

bigwrench9 Registered Member

I'm waiting for the Terminator Internet Security Suite :argh:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2019
  16. Spartan

Spartan Registered Member

LOL! Funniest thing I've read in months! Thanks for that!

I agree, A-Shamppoo doesn't inspire much confidence! Don't want no hair product protecting my system!

17. Marcelo

Marcelo Registered Member

Why not? It's clarly a product that will wash your system clean of all infections ;)

18. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

19. Firecat

So the new Ashampoo Anti-Virus is just a reskin of Emsisoft Anti-Malware. The old one was at least a SDK developed product....

If the price is good, and Ashampoo is known to price well during sales, it will be worth a try.

20. wert33

wert33 Registered Member

Ashampoo on the Germany Facebook page

Exactly, as with anti-virus 2016, we are once again using the double power of the two engines and the product will cost 39.99€

21. gery

gery Registered Member

not available on their website

22. roger_m

It hasn't been released yet. On their Facebook post, they say it's coming soon.

23. Firecat

If it was just a matter of keeping engines updated, Ashampoo AV 2016 should have worked just fine. But I remember very well Ashampoo AV didn't have the same detection/blocking rate as Emsisoft. I am afraid the new product may have the same shortcomings: up to date engines at launch but outdated technology over the years.

24. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

25. wert33

wert33 Registered Member

yes out now

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.