Ashampoo Anti-Malware

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by IvoShoen, Jan 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IvoShoen

IvoShoen Registered Member

2. Tyrizian

Tyrizian Registered Member

Thanks for posting this

3. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I can't say this is recommended anymore. The version being given away, 1.21, was last updated 9/01/2010. I believe it currently uses an older Emsi engine from the days that Emsi partnered with Ikarus. Ashampoo has periodically came out with antimalware and firewall programs but they have a poor history of keeping security programs up to date.

https://www.ashampoo.com/en/usd/pin/0249/Security_Software/Ashampoo-Anti-Malware

4. FOXP2

FOXP2 Guest

Ashampoo uses Emsisoft and Ikarus engines.

Emsi's engine.dll used is v5.0.0.50 (the last EAM5 dll was 5.1.0.16). Emsi since has gone to a2engine.dll 2.0.x.x (EAM6) and the latest is 3.0.x.x (EAM7).

Ikarus used is the latest T3.dll, 1.1.122.0.

Ashampoo updates consistently and reliably and pull directly from Emsi and Ikarus servers. Emsi sigs are identical to the ones used in EAM7 and EEK3 (i.e. 30000111.sig) as well as their white/black lists a2heur.dat, a2trust.dat and a2wl.dat. Ikarus, the latest T3.vdb.

It's also got a simple behavior blocker.

This is an oldie but goodie AV.

5. zmechys

zmechys Registered Member

Two scanners - anti-spyware and anti-virus with regular daily updates.
    Plus, it offers File Wiper, Internet Cleaner, Startup Tuner, ADS Scanner, LSP Viewer, Process Manager, etc...
    Maybe a little bit heavy on my Windows 7 System.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.