As Sony prepares PCs exit, pressure mounts for reboot on TVs

Discussion in 'hardware' started by SweX, Feb 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SweX

SweX Registered Member

2. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

3. Bill_Bright

Bill_Bright Registered Member

That was years ago - a lot of lessons were learned on all sides, including by Sony.

You sound like my dad who refused to by a GM car for 30 years because he bought a lemon back in the 60s.

If we boycotted excellent products simply because of bad decisions and programs [in the past] by some weenie in the marketing departments of these companies, we would have to avoid almost everything.

IMO, if you want to "make a statement" look at current offenders - like LG.

4. SweX

SweX Registered Member

http://money.cnn.com/2014/02/06/technology/sony-restructuring/

5. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Not to go offtopic but I just saw this quote coincidence?.....

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4989260

.....when reading the F-Secure blog, see the pic at the bottom:http://www.f-secure.com/weblog/archives/00002664.html

6. mattdocs12345

mattdocs12345 Registered Member

They should have slapped Mac OSX on it while Jobs offered lasted. That was in 2001.... Even back in 2002 when I started my undergraduate studies, most students at school had macs. They could have marketed VAIO as a student laptop for $800 while Macbooks were selling for $11000 at that time.

7. Keatah

Keatah Registered Member

The old man was right, it took gm 35 years to start building anything worthwhile again. Just look at some of the crap in the 80's like the 4-6-8 cadillac, or 94 hp firebird, or the butt ugly aztec, or the lame 6000 series.

Who cares about sony? I sure as hell don't. And not any major company either. If they could do it all over again, they would. Big companies rarely have your best interest at heart. And you know it.

8. safeguy

safeguy Registered Member

I'm not a fan of their VAIO series. I find them more style over substance and their price was on the higher range if compared to similar laptops specs-wise. Thus, their decision to exit from the PC market does not really concern me. Not going to miss it...afaic.

OTOH, I really hope to see them improve further in the smartphone arena. I personally think they produce good mobile phones. I used to and still do love the Walkman phones. I had a few myself back then. Now with Android, their Xperia smartphones are among the least bloated in terms of features and skin overlay; at least when compared to the likes of Samsung and HTC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.