As silent as a submarine

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by saxofun, Feb 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saxofun

saxofun Registered Member

Hi

I have finally understood that, more than an anti-virus, more than a firewall, I need what?:
    A privacy tool to keep my internet address unlisted, leave automatically no trace of my online activities, get rid of ad popups and protect my mails from spam! ;)

Sure an antivirus and a firewall are still needed (I have NOD32 and Kerio), but I want to surf the net as silently as a submarine! :cool:

I am shoping prensently for the best tool.
    Up to now I have selected those ones:

1. Primedius Web Tunnel: Not so expensive... :doubt:

2. GetAnonymousPro: More expensive than the previous, but seems to allow more protections as we can see at this address: http://www.privatenavigator.com/GetAnonymous/comparison-full.asp (but I don't understand everything in this frame as I am a novice) o_O

3. MultiProxy 1.2: Free, but efficient? :rolleyes:

4. A4Proxy: Said to be good, seems out of date... :doubt:

Do you have any advice, any opinion on how to ensure privacy's surfing? :D

2. Prince_Serendip

Prince_Serendip Registered Member

:) Hi saxofun!

You might try checking this list at ZDnet Downloads?

You can also use a combination of applications to achieve similar results. Stealth is the operative word here.

There's a lot you can do with Proxomitron, which is totally freeware. Please refer to this link at Proxomitron at Computer Cops. It has a lot of resources and configurations contributed by the people who use it.

Hope you find what you need.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.