ARP Poisoning

Discussion in 'Capsa Network Analyzer' started by sonofsade, Nov 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sonofsade

sonofsade Registered Member

On a switched network in my business. My office is too far from the network hub.

After doing an ARP poisoning test with Cain and Abel, capsa is monitoring most things nicely, http etc.

However, after following instructions for e-mail monitoring, Capsa is only logging my own smtp and pop3.It is not picking up other e-mails on the network.

Is there a reason for this?

Best regards,
    William

2. sonofsade

I am running Capsa concurrently with C&A as a sniffer. Is there a problem with this for picking up packets?

3. brian_mi

brian_mi Registered Member

Hi, sonofsade,

Did you set up SPAN (or port mirroring) on your switch?

4. sonofsade

No I don't know how to do this. Usually with ARP poisoning I am able to use a sniffer to inspect all traffic redirected from the target machine via my machine. I don't want my IT guyto know that I occasionally monitor my staff.

Does Capsa work differently to programs such as Give Me Too which worked perfectly under these conditions?

5. Colasoft Support

Colasoft Support Colasoft Moderator

Hi sonofsade,

Thanks for your interests in Capsa.

You could go through the Packet tab to check whether any smtp and pop3 packets are captured. Those emails transmitted with SSL connections will not be logged.

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.