Arovax Shield 2.1.95 Final!

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by btman, Mar 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. btman

btman Registered Member

Version 2.1.95 Final!

Thats everything fixed since the 2.0.75 final release.

2. zopzop

zopzop Registered Member

i went to their homepage and i'm still at a loss as to what exactly this program does. how effective is this program? anyone test it vs the spycar and ghostsecurity registry tests?

3. duke1959

duke1959 Very Frequent Poster

ZopZop. It passed all the spycar tests set on Automatic, except one . It did however pass that one with Arovax Shield set on user. I'm not sure how well it would do, or ever did against the GhostSecurity Registry Test you mentioned. I sometimes use it along with Cyberhawk, and I beleive it has improved a lot this year. However I'll let what all it covers be answered by the Arovax Team via the Arovax Forum, or someone with more expertise than myself like btman who frequents this Forum.

4. HAN

HAN Registered Member

Being intrigued with the description of the new version, I went over to Arovax's website to look things over. Clicking on the Support page brought a BIG surprise...

I have been surfing the web for several years and never seen anything like this on a security-based company's website. Needless to say, I won't be loading anything that "enables PHP to transparently load files encoded by the Zend Encoder or Zend SafeGuard Suite."

Arovax Shield may be an excellent product. But based on their choice to force users to use a file loading "plug-in" (my word), I'll pass... :thumbd:

5. btman

btman Registered Member

Yes I've reported it to Arovax. If I don't get a reply in the next week I'll have to PM him. They had the issue before, apparently it was fixed at one point... And I see now its back.

Link? I'll personally test it for you as long as theres not too many tests like Spycar lol.

6. zopzop

zopzop Registered Member

here's the link btman :
    http://ghostsecurity.com/registrytest/

it's only 2 tests.

7. btman

btman Registered Member

I'm sad to report A-Shield failed everything, which really suprised me after seeing Spycars results... I reported it to the Arovax team and hopefully an improved Arovax Shield version comes out soon.

Any other tests? Because I have higher expectations for this program and would like to see it pass lots of tests.

8. zopzop

zopzop Registered Member

9. btman

btman Registered Member

Not a peep, also reported to the Arovax Team. Expect new beta's in the near future lol. Thats all I can say.

I see A-Shield automatically allowed some IE changes (From past choices), I may have to re-run those last two tests on Automatic. But I'll do them tomorrow.

10. zopzop

zopzop Registered Member

so it failed both those tests? dang. :(

11. btman

btman Registered Member

Like I said, I'll have to run the tests under automatic because if I have it on manual it listens to my rules and will allow changes that I have previously allowed. So it may have passed them, and it may have failed. I'll wait till Arovax tests them.

12. pcalvert

pcalvert Registered Member

You completely misunderstood the error message that you saw. What you saw was simply a web server problem. It had nothing to do with installing a plugin.

Phil

13. HAN

HAN Registered Member

Whether it was or it wasn't a server issue (and I'm not saying that you are wrong :) ) if I read messages like that, to be on the safe side, I will always assume the worst.

14. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

More work is needed to sharpen this one but we have to give credit where credit is due, they are actively taking it apart and making an honest attempt to satisfy the complaints people are crowing over, and there remains much yet to improve IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.