arghh vista activation is driving me crazy!!!

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by zfactor, Dec 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

what the heck is this about i upgraded the video drivers and had to re activate.. then i upgraded the touchpad drivers and again had to reactivate.. wtfo_O this is ridiculous now.. is this happening to anyone else?? how do i fix this. i am using a oem version i bought from new egg.... this is totally absurd this cant be normal can it??

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

3. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

False progress reports and PR from Microsoft's claims that Vista would become the fashion model O/S and distance itself from XP is true alright, but oddly enough in the opposite direction.

Many Vista customers i know completely detest it and have turned back to XP. Maybe not for the same reasons but there seems plenty of problems surround it not the least of which when a user has spent good money on a hardware upgrade only for their machine to tell them No WAY! Call $M now.

Very poor policy IMO.

4. zfactor

yeah i mean this is 3 times in 3 days ive had to reactivate im getting pissed and its not even due to hardware changes its simply doing driver changes.. i upgraded the video card driver and didnt like it so i changed it back to the old one.. bam reactivate...then i changed my intel turbo mem driver to the new one and also the chipset 965 driver to the new one bam another reactivate.. this is getting out of hand..

5. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I am not having that problem with Vista, actualy I don't have any problems with Vista but I would really like to know what is causing your problem. If you find out what it is I really would appreciate it if you would post it.

Thanks
    bigc

6. zfactor

well according to microsoft even just upgrading the video drivers can throw it off. i guess the way it was explained to me by them is there is a point system, each piece of hardware is given a "point rating" and once you hit 30points it requires to be reactivated. the guy i spoke with said he thinks the video card is like 10 points.. the turbo mem being considered by ms to be a "major component" gets an even higher point rating.. so i guess every time you do the video driver it adds the 10 points back. at least thats how ms tech explained it to me.. this sucks.. my machine didnt come with any os so i bought a oem version from newegg and they said this is the reason it will always want to be reactivated..

7. kurchatovium

kurchatovium Registered Member

Here is a link to product activation on XP not sure how much has changed on Vista but it does explain the "point system" a bit.

http://aumha.org/win5/a/wpa.htm

8. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Yeah that really can prove to become serious detraction and disappointments are not soon forgotten.

Makes me very grateful now for my fortunate affiliation with a local university in that i chose a Volume License for Professional XP so i don't encounter all the issues most others always run into several times over again & again.

That point system sounds so familiar where i worked at a factory once, miss a day without a doc's notice equals 3 points, with only 1, you were only allotted 24 total points for the year and you're unemployed. Pretty stringent policy if you ask me but if you signed on to it there was no escaping it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.