Are VPN proxies secure?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by gent2, May 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gent2

gent2 Registered Member

Basically using Deluge with a VPN proxy.

I have disabled IPV6 with this command: netsh interface teredo set state disabled

Here's what TCPview looks like when I run Deluge:

http://i.imgur.com/UiuHH0T.png

I see under some UDP port it sent and received 2,011 and 190,754 bytes. It does that on start-up I assume for DHT, which is proxied according to the program??

Anyhow, is it safe to assume there's not way my real IP could leak using my current configuration? Any way that it could?

2. Morthawt

Morthawt Registered Member

All a VPN will do is protect someone from your ISP or someone on your current network from spying on your activities, with the addition that a website or service will also only see the VPN IP address. It would be very unlikely to give you any governmental protection because you directly connect to the VPN so they would likely be able to backtrace it to you. You can always go to google.com and type Whats my ip and it will tell you your IP address. Then disable the VPN, reload the browser and do it again and see if the IP is different. Hope that helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.