are trial images recoverable?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by machineviseo, Nov 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. machineviseo

machineviseo Registered Member

If I buy TI will I be able to make use of the images I created during the software trial period?

2. John Farrar

John Farrar Registered Member

I've not tried it but I don't see why not. ;)
    John

3. KenG.

KenG. Guest

I need help fast! I have to get my machine back up NOW because I'm going out on a job next week, and tomorrow is Thanksgiving!

I have an image created with the trial software, and my hard drive crashed hard yesterday. Now with my new hard drive installed, I booted from my TI boot disk, selected source & target for restoration, and now I find out that I can't restore with the trial version.

I'm going to go ahead and buy TI 8.0 but, seeing as I can't install 8.0 on my new, unformatted hard drive:

*** If I install 8.0 on a different machine, create a bootable CD-R there, can I use that CD to restore my trial-version-created image on a new, fresh hard drive? ***

KenG.

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello KenG

Assuming you created an image elsewhere than on the crashed HD, and that prior to the crash the image was "seen" by TI in boot rescue mode, then I see no reason why not.

Regards

5. KenG.

KenG. Guest

Thanks for the quick reply.

The image resides on an external drive.
    Not sure I know what you mean by '"seen" by TI in boot rescue mode'.
    I had the trial version burn a bootable CD after creating the initial image nine months ago. Subsequent backups have been incremental; the latest one is #13.

If I create a new bootable CD with TI 8.0 on another machine, it will not have "seen" anything.

KenG.

6. Menorcaman

I meant if you booted the original computer from the Bootable Rescue CD (i.e. TI boot rescue mode), did TI identify/see your external drive/image.

Regards

7. KenG.

KenG. Guest

Ah. Yes, the external (USB) drive containing the image is indeed visible to and readable by TI running from the boot CD.
    Thanks.

BTW, I just figured out that I have been running a registered TI 7.0, but never burned a rescue CD after buying in. It was made by the trial version.
    Now I just have to figure out how to get a copy of 7.0 to install on a different machine. Mine is on the dead drive (and in the image!).

KenG.

8. Menorcaman

O.K. but be aware that the bootabl rescue CD created by TI 7 Build (?) may not necessarily be able see your particular USB HD drive. The "Full" version of a rescue CD is Linux based and each new build of TI contains more/better Linux open source device drivers.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.