Are there any plans to be more VAR friendly?

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by Lucidtek, Jun 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucidtek

Lucidtek Registered Member

As a VAR, I find the backroom impossible in regards to managing multiple clients and multiple licenses. It's not intuitive, there's no grouping by company, the tables are hard to read, and the setup for attaching licensing is involved, and lately, the server times out when trying to register.

The other issue is with Cleverbridge. Why can we not buy keys that are dormant until they are activated *inside* the client? Why do the licenses start *ticking* the moment they are generated?

This keeps me from stockpiling keys, and having them ready to go. I can't *stock* an inventory, because the keys are counting down. If it takes 3 weeks to sell one after I've bought it, that's 3 weeks off the year.

I don't want to go and buy a new license in the moment all the time, that's time consuming. I'd like to just have keys ready. I'd like to have one backroom, with all my customers arranged by groups (companies/clients), and be able to attach keys under that.

The old backroom allowed you to adjust settings remotely, now you can't. I have to log in and redo settings individually unless I want "Enterprise". But the Business version is supposed to be used for companies under 200. Anyone else want to log in manually for 100 machines? Why can't we preset heuristics and schedules remotely, so we can ensure consistency?

Why do I have to register a key *first*, and *then* attach it to a backroom, with a password? Why all the clunk?

It's been like this for years. I don't think Prevx is serious about having VARs resell their product to other businesses.

The focus seems to be on home users, and corp IT where you have only one company and its computers.

Prevx would make a great product for the MSP market, and IMO, they are sitting on the sidelines.

If some of these issues have been addressed, by all means, inform me, but to my knowledge, these areas are still a problem...and that keeps us from pushing it harder, simply because it's hard to manage.

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Hello,
    Unfortunately I'm probably not in the best position to answer this here as I don't deal with VARs at all. If you could please write into our customer support inbox at http://info.prevx.com/service.asp we should be able to give you a more tailored response there :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.