Are old backups deleted?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by skaz2k, Apr 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skaz2k

skaz2k Registered Member

Hi,

I am trying to create a scheduled acronis backup to backup my C drive to a seperate hard disk on the computer. I know that if you create a Secure Zone on C drive it will automatically delete old backups and replace them with new ones if the Secure Zone is full. But if I do a full backups of my C drive to a seperate hard disk, will the old backups be deleted when the backup hard drive is full?

Thank for the support.

Al

2. pjb024

pjb024 Registered Member

Firstly you should never create a secure zone on your system drive because you will lose both the system and the backup if your drive fails. Your secure zone should be located on a separate drive.

To answer your question, yes old backups will be deleted if you are backing up to secure zone on a separate hard disk but not if you are just creating backups on a separate hard disk by specifying a backup filename and location. Acronis manages the secure zone for you but if you create backup files by specifying a backup filename and location then you will have to manage that yourself.

3. skaz2k

skaz2k Registered Member

Thanks pjb024 i'm setting it up now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.