Are my images OK?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Rik Bean, Mar 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rik Bean

Rik Bean Registered Member

Using TI8 bld 800 on XP Pro SP1.

I can't boot from the 'full mode' CD unless I intervene with the 'quiet acpi=off noapic' switch. When I do this, TI boots fine, recognises all my drives and seems happy with the image files. I can also explore the image files within Windows with no apparent problems.

Because of the need to intervene on the boot, tech support have sent me the link to d/l the ISO image for the CD. When I use this to boot, it goes straight into the restore wizard (my own CD takes me to the GUI), and this says all my image files are corrupt.

Which CD should I believe?

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

If you can Explore the images, that's very strong proof that your full mode CD is telling you the truth. Your images are good.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Rik,

It is very strnage behaviour. We have just tested the ISO image again and found that it works properly. Could you please download it and burn to disk once again and see whther the problem persists. It should work in the same way as when you input the "acpi=off noapic" parameter. If you still get any errors with the new ISO please feel free to contact Acronis Support Team via e-mail support@acronis.com. We will certainly help you.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

4. Rik Bean

Hi Ilya

Done that, same result. I've contacted TS.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Rik,

Thank you for taking the time to contact Acronis Support Team. Marian has received your letter and will answer you soon.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

6. Rik Bean

Thanks, Ilya. I guess I'm just a problem child. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.