Are ASUS Mobo the lowest radiation out there?

Discussion in 'hardware' started by sweater, Jan 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    I read some magz of Asus products, and what attracts me most was that it says there that their motherboard has the lowest radiation compared to others.

I know that Asus is one of the "oldest" grandpa in mobo.

Whats your comments, experience, and "feel" for those who owns Asus mobo, graphic cards, etc...even their monitors? :rolleyes:

2. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Radiation? Do we smoke the same stuff?
    Mrk

3. CrusherW9

CrusherW9 Registered Member

Asus makes good stuff. Taking the amount of radiation a mobo emits into consideration when buying one seems a bit... intense to me. It really isn't something to worry about.

4. NGRhodes

NGRhodes Registered Member

Without knowing how much radiation your case will let through (and being able to measure it), it does not really matter.

5. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    Asus states that low EMI also has the effects of low radiations, it does improve other things around that helps not to interfere with other components and the results are more picture clarity and compatibility and safety to the environment and the users.

I was now even thinking that aside from their motherboards and graphic cards it could be that their other products (monitors, smartphones, laptop, etc..) also has a lower radiation level. :rolleyes:

6. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I hope you don't use cell phones, or wireless phones, if you worry about this kind of stuff.

Pete

7. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

You do realize the word radiation is meaningless?
    Your body radiates heat all the time - infrared radiation. Daylight is radiation.
    Billions of neutrinos pass through your body every second, radiation.
    Tons and tons of frequencies on that spectra, few harmless to the man.
    Mrk

8. Bill_Bright

Bill_Bright Registered Member

Ummm, he notes EMI so IMO, the word radiation is not meaningless.

That said, I don't see EMI/RFI as a problem - UNLESS the product has been physically damaged. There are significant FCC and similar EU rules and regulations that apply to all high-speed digital devices to (1) prevent EMI/RFI from escaping and causing interference to other devices and (2) block EMI/RFI from outside sources from interfering with said device.

ASUS is a great maker with deep pockets - fully capable of hiring and staffing a very imaginative marketing department!

Marketing bullfeathers! Hogwash! Fluff!

Yes, low EMI is the same as low radiation. But to say it "improves" other things is simple BS!!!! Removing something that degrades "restores" performance, it does not "improve" it.

Regardless the maker, if you want to reduce your chances of going sterile while using your computer, (1) ensure your wall outlet is properly grounded to Earth ground. (2) Ensure all your connections are clean, in good repair, and tight - creating a good "mechanical connection" essential for a the best electrical connection. And (3) ensure all your components remain in good physical connection (don't step on your motherboards and graphics cards or use them as Frisbees then connect them to power).

NO DOUBT low EMI/RFI is important. But I would not base my purchasing decision on that as low EMI/RFI is requirement for all motherboards.

9. TheWindBringeth

TheWindBringeth Registered Member

Those designing for "low EMI" would be focused on the analog quality of signals (including those which are considered digital) and the antenna like quality (transmission as well as reception) of the traces/wires connecting things. They would put some extra effort/money into component selection, circuit design, board layout, and board manufacture. This has the potential to reduce EM transmissions, assure the quality of signals within the board, assure the quality of outputs leaving the board, and help the product work well in the face of low quality inputs and/or external EM transmissions.

There are government regulations pertaining to EMI, and there is also the question of whether the product works well enough to be successful in the market. So the subject is going to receive some attention, but not always as much as it should.

I'm not sure what this wording was meant to imply. A "low EMI" product could be "safer" to the "environment" in the sense that it is electrically/EMI friendlier to other devices in the environment. A not unreasonable claim, but the word "safety" seems too strong outside of safety grade equipment contexts. As for such a product causing less harm to the nature environment, that's more complicated and questionable I would say. A "low EMI" design would often use more components/materials and energy to design/manufacture.

Given that there is some disagreement over whether higher power, purposeful transmitters such as cellphones and WiFi devices are "safe"... and given that, IMO, any answer to such questions would likely depend on many variables including the precise individual(s) and their genetic and other susceptibilities... I would find such a claim questionable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.