Arconis True Image 10 failure

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by testbuckel, Oct 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. testbuckel

testbuckel Registered Member

Hallo
    I do have the problem with Arconis Trueimage 10, that it is not possible to save the Email structure from Outlook. Arconios always breaks with failure messages.
    Does anybody have the same problem or a solution.

(I use W2K with all updates incl. SP4 and Outlook 2000)

Thanks and bye
    Andreas

2. ipollen

ipollen Registered Member

Yes I have the same problem with Win2k, SP4 and Outlook Express.

3. mathematician

mathematician Registered Member

Yes, I am having that problem too - amongst others. I may be wrong, but I get the impression it is overflowing one of its internal buffers.

4. BlackCat3

BlackCat3 Registered Member

Acronis TI Home 10 Build 4871
    XP Pro SP2
    Outlook 2003 SP2

Faulting application trueimageservice.exe, version 10.0.0.4871, faulting module outlookbackup.dll, version 1.0.17.17, fault address 0x000077c0.

5. testbuckel

testbuckel Registered Member

...seems that there is a program fault and we have to wait. This option was one important I bought the software for......:mad: I use the version 4850 current German version). Ok....we only can hope for an update soon.

Bye

Andreas

6. mathematician

Don't they test their programs before releasing them? If they had done, surely they would have found all the bugs the rest of us are having no trouble finding.

7. Dinole

Dinole Registered Member

Indeed, you are totally right.

I've also the same problem mit OE & ATI10, i've contacted german Acronis Support twice with all relevant details but i haven't received any answer yet.
    Poor, isn't it?
    By the way, i also upgraded to ATI10 because of saving OE database, but now i guess, it was a mistake to do so. Never change a running system or a running software, means ATI9.

Let's wait and expect the next build.

Michael

8. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

I have posted in other threads, that there appears to be a problem that MS themselves are aware of in hooking into the MS Outlook DLL.

Of course this doesn't take away the fact that one would have expected it to come to light during beta testing.

The fact that it isn't only the German version that appears to have this problem, means we can probably rule out the unicode or language differences in software.

Colin

9. gabel116

gabel116 Registered Member

Count me in too.
    I just downloaded this as a dissapointment.

Faulting application trueimageservice.exe, version 10.0.0.4871, faulting module msvcr71.dll, version 7.10.3052.4, fault address 0x00010440.

10. bVolk

bVolk Registered Member

So it's coming, isn't it?

11. Heliskier59

Heliskier59 Registered Member

I too have had the EXACT same problem with TI10 crashing and burning when trying to backup Outlook files...At first I thought it might have been a problem with my Outlook 2002 installation so I re-installed it. I sent Acronis tech support an email over 48 hrs ago and have not received an answer. Historically they have been prompt with their advice.... which leads me to believe that they must be swamped with similar complaints...I imagine they will probably fix this problem, call it version 11 and sell it as an "upgrade".. and at a discounted price :) Elliot Spitzer...where are you?

12. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

Wouldn't it just be huge red faces, if the ability to backup application files requires that you need to close the application down first.

Unless Acronis are using a hybrid of file level and sector level processing I suspect they may run into problems with some applications which have files locked open.

F.

13. jimshu1

jimshu1 Registered Member

Is this thread just discussing specific file/folder backup and restore? Is there a problem with Outlook/Outlook Express with full partition/disk image backups/restores.

Thanks for any replies!

14. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

In v10 there is a new option to back up Outlook files by themselves. This appear to be having some problems.

However having Outlook files as part of a complete disk image is not a problem.

Colin

15. jimshu1

Whew! Thanks Bodgy!

I have never had a failure on a whole partition backup or restore and do not ever want to doubt having that security. Ghost, and for the last two years, True Image, have changed my entire computing experience.

Given a full image backup of my OS partition to a second internal hard drive has made me fearless of trying new software/drivers. Many times these did not work as intended and within minutes, I was back to where I had started with no concern.

If you get aggressive in your computing, there is nothing like a full partition backup done a minute before you screwed things up. I literally have years in my system and program's configurations and data BECAUSE I had a real time backup that always perserved my system work. I keep good notes too for clean installs on new systems.

My OS/Program partition is relatively compact and I can image in 1-4 minutes depending on what system I'm using. I image a minimum of daily on any system I touch.

Thanks again!

16. jimshu1

I am also considered anal by folks who like to lose their systems all of the time...... :p

17. Heliskier59

Heliskier59 Registered Member

I'm not quite sure where F is going with that one...If he is suggesting that the aforementiined problem occurs because I have Outlook open when TI is trying to backup the pst file ...think again...this problem occurs with a fresh install of outlook and no evidence (task manager) of outlook.exe running as a process...

18. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

Thanks for putting me right on that Heliskier59. Lets hope Acronis chip in soon.

F.

19. ocostich

ocostich Registered Member

I just got TI10 yesterday but backing up Outlook was one of the first things I tried. Trying to backup Outlook and Windows Address Book crashed after generating a 46GB backup file.

I then tried backing up only the Outlook files and it backed up fine. I didn't try restoring. I then tried backing up only the Windows Address Book files and it crashed.

The problem seems to be not with Outlook but with the Address Book. at least on my system.

Overall I like TI10 (and DD10) but both have more problems than release versions ought to.

20. mathematician

Whilst I wouldn't dissent from that view, you wait until Vista comes out my son. Then we'll find out what software released about twelve months ahead of time really looks like!

21. ocostich

ocostich Registered Member

Which is why I'll be waiting at least 12 after release months to try it.

22. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello everyone,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that if you experience problems with backing up MS Outlook or MS Outlook Express settings and messages using "My E-mail" option of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home collect the information requested in this previous post of mine and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

23. Allen L.

Allen L. Registered Member

Well, here we go with the voluntary beta testing routine all over again for the readers of the forum! Unbelievable! Deja vu once again. :thumbd:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.