Arconis Just Hangs

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by cjlocy, Mar 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cjlocy

cjlocy Registered Member

I have a Sony Vaio desktop computer and when I boot with the Acronis cd it hangs at loading acronis doesn't boot all the way into Acronis is there something I need to change in the BIOS or do I need a different version I am using Acronis 9.0 ...I really like to get this working.

Thank you

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Do you see the screen where you can select Full or Safe mode for TrueImage or to boot into Windows?

Have you tried running TrueImage in Safe Mode instead of the full mode? What happens?

Have you tried pressing F11 when the Acronis is loading message is on the screen (just before you select Full or Safe mode)? In the dialog box, edit the line that starts "quiet" to read: quiet acpi=off noapic

Let us know what happens.

3. cjlocy

cjlocy Registered Member

I tried that and it did not help how do you go into safe mode.

4. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

5. cjlocy

cjlocy Registered Member

I know that safe mode....I thought you where talking about acronis safe mode....does acronis have a safe mode?

6. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

As jmk94903 said you should see a screen that lets you select Full, Safe or boot into Windows. This is where you select the Acronis Safe mode.

There is a chance you are hanging too soon to see this screen perhaps. If so, try making another CD just in case the one you are trying isn't good.

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello cjlocy,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

First of all, please make sure that you use the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

You can find the full version name and build number by going to Help -> About... menu in the main program window.

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Please uninstall any previously installed build by following Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Acronis True Image, prior to installing build 2337.

Please create new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update, try to boot the computer from this CD and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists with Bootable Rescue CD created using the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0 then please do the following:

1.) If the boot process reaches the so-called "selection screen" advising you to select either "Full", "Safe" or "Boot into Windows" option then please do as jmk94903 has suggested and try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If that does not help please do the following:

- Boot the computer from Bootable Rescue CD created using the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0 once more and press F11 key when the selection screen advising you to choose either "Full", "Safe" or "Boot into Windows" option appears;

- After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please remove the "quiet" word, click on the OK button and choose the "Full" option;

- As the startup messages stop scrolling please write down the last few lines of the output, or use a digital camera to make a shots of the output screens.

2.) If the boot process does not reach the above mentioned "selection screen" then please let us know if you receive any error or warning messages. What exact messages? When exactly do you receive them? Create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Whatever the case, please also create Acronis Report as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.