Archives...

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by nixie21, Dec 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nixie21

nixie21 Registered Member

What is the default spot that archives are saved in fdisr?

Thanks

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Honestly don't remember, I've set it for my 2nd internal drive, but routinely switch to an external to update archives there.

Pete

3. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

The default archive location is here

Attached Files:

• isr.JPG
      isr.JPG
      File size:
      23.4 KB
      Views:
  4. Peter2150

Ah okay. But they really aren't that useful there. Best place is to have them off your C: drive.

Pete

5. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Yeh keeping them on a seperate drive is not only safer, its way faster to import and export them. Archiving them on my system drive takes close to 10 mins. If i archive them to my 2nd drive it only takes around 4 mins.

6. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Archives are the BEST! feature for me with the genuine FD-ISR version, it has more than proven itself a Perfect Feature, completely reliable.

An amazing invention bar none.

7. Peter2150

Have to agree with you at least 1000%. I'd be lost with them.

8. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

If you don't specify the location of the freeze storage under options, FDISR stores it under "C:\$ISR\0\Freeze Storage.arx" without the quotes (only for newbies). LOL.

9. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

That is exactly what is missing in softwares, like Returnil, DeepFreeze, PowerShadow, ShadowDefender, etc., that's why they are all LESS than FDISR.
    That's the difference between genius and mediocrity. "FDISR Rescue" = mediocrity.

If FDISR had also an Image Backup feature, it would have been more successfully amongst average users, because users need more Image Backup than ISR and ISR would have been the next step, once the users get interested.
    Regarding Killdisk, etc. : give FDISR the same kind of protection of Returnil, that's all what they have to do.
    FDISR's development was already frozen when I bought it, no wonder it has been terminated.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2007
  10. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

I have to agree with that. They really let a true Golden Egg slip right past them.

As you say, impliment in addition to ISR an image backup & restore capability as well as some deterent against KillDisk, and they're walking the Yellow Brick Road.

As it stands, we the end user are right back in Limbo again with this standstill or abort; whatever it was that brought it to a screeching halt.

11. Peter2150

Golden Egg. No one does that. Why do you think adding image back and restore would matter. Ask your friends how many back up their systems.

To us FDISR is the ulitmate golden egg. I wonder if the accountants of the four participants in marketing it would agree.

12. nixie21

nixie21 Registered Member

Thanks...I created this directory and was able to copy a archive I had there...

Thanks!

No I can finally see if I can restore this Archive in a Virtual machine!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.