Archives corrupted - please help!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Charlie Wisc., Jul 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charlie Wisc.

Charlie Wisc. Registered Member

My ver.9.3854 had been working fine; and produced a good full back-up a couple weeks ago.
    -----------
    Then: after installing Diskeeper; doing lots of scanning of negatives; getting system hang-ups; uninstalling Diskeeper; etc. Decided to use the back-up to restore system to before all the fussing. What had verified as a good back-up, reported to be corrupted. Panic-time!
    ----------
    One back-up from April did verify as OK, so I restored my system with that, using 9.3854 rescue disk.
    ----------------
    I decided to install ver 10.4942 - purchased months ago, but never installed. That seems to be running OK. Back-up time ~20minutes like I've become accustomed to. But that is giving "error E00070020" corrupted message also when making a full back-up.

What info is needed to get some help?
    Dell 8400; Win XP2 fully up-to-date; 1gig RAM; drives seem OK by chkdsk testing.

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

One possibility is that your RAM has developed a fault and the fact you have had some other strange happenings would not be out of line with bad RAM.

Download Memtest86+ from www.memtest.org - I believe the current version is 1.7. Let it run for an extended period of time, overnight preferably and see if it uncovers any problems. It should find 0 errors.

An easy thing you can do first, is to boot up with the TI recovery CD and validate from it. This will eliminate any Windows software conflicts. Note that if this works you could still have bad RAM since the memory mapping (usage) is different.

3. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

I agree with SeekForever, and you could also boot from the TI Recovery CD and try the verification. This eliminates any possible problems with your Windows installation affecting the verification.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Charlie Wisc.,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please try copying the image to another drive and validating it again.
    Please also try performing the validation procedure using Acronis Bootable Rescue Media.
    If the image validates correctly, then it is consistent.

Please notice that the issue you encountered most likely is caused by poor data transfers between the system and the drive in question. You can check that by doing the following:

- Download the eXpress CheckSum Calculator;
    - Use the utility to calculate a MD5 checksum for an image that validates correctly;
    - Copy/move the image to the drive in question and calculate MD5 checksum again;
    Those two checksums must be identical. If they are different, then the data transfer routes are corrupted somewhere (it may be memory, drive cables, or any other hardware/operating system component participating in data transfers).

As seekforever suggested, please test your memory by running Memtest for several hours.
    Please also check your hard drives for errors by running chkdsk /r command on every partition (you might need to reboot to scan the system partition).

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please make a screen shot of the Device Tree application the way described in this previous post.

Please also collect the exact vendor and device names of the hard drive in question.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.