"Archive Unmounting" error with Paragon Backup and Restore 2010 Advanced

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Dundertaker, Sep 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dundertaker

Dundertaker Registered Member

Hi;

I am currently trying out Paragon Backup and Restore 2010 Advanced on another pc with Windows 7 and I have noticed I get an error when unmounting the archive.

To mount I used:

Archive>Show partitions>Right click partition>Mount Selected Partition.

Please see images attached.

When unmouting:

Right click partition>Unmount Selected Partition

I get an error that the file/folder is still in use. So I close Windows explorer and repeat the unmount procedure. Same error emerges. Logging of did not unmount the archive. I had to restart the system to have it unmounted. Please see images attached.

Am I doing it wrong or.....?

I do not see how can we explore the archive option instead of "mounting it"...where is it?

Did not experience this with 10.2 freeware.....

Also, in the Paragon Backup and Restore 2010 Advanced the help file was removed! You need to go to the website to take a look at it. Paragon Backup and Restore 10.2 has a help file installed but not very user-friendly. What happened here...in the shoes of a new user help file user friendly or not helps.....

Attached Files:

2. xygor

xygor Registered Member

I think this is because the program itself is accessing the mounted volume which will happen if after mounting you exit the program gui and restart it or do a refresh (F5).

Try to not exit the gui between mount and unmount.

If it's too late or otherwise happens, you can try go to the windows disk manager and remove the drive letter, though the only sure way I've found is to reboot.

3. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

How to browse backup archive and restore individual files?

How to browse backup archive and restore individual files?

Depending on which product you have

Please use one of the following methods to retrieve individual files or folders from any backup.

File Transfer Wizard
    * Click the Tools drop-down menu, File Transfer Wizard.
    * Click Next, Browse to your backup file on the right.
    * Double click the .PBF (if you backed up a partition by itself), or the .000 file that corresponds to the partition you wish to enter (if you backed up the entire disk at once).* The name will be similar to MyBackup_0000p.000 for the first (0) partition - MyBackup_0001p.000 for the second (1) partition – MyBackup_0002p.000 for the third (2) partition.
    * After you double click, wait a moment. *It could take up to 2 minutes for a backup over 100GB before you will see the + icon expand beneath the file. *Usually it takes about 2 seconds.
    * Expand the + to see the contents inside the backup.
    * Highlight what you need and click the left arrow in the middle to place the item(s) on the clipboard.
    * Click next to select a destination to restore to.
    * This feature is available from Windows and both Recovery CD’s.

Volume Explorer
    * On the main screen (Disk View) there are 3 vertical tabs in the middle of the main window and the left hand side bar.
    * Open the Volume Explorer Tab.
    * Browse to your backup file and double click it to enter. *In the volume explorer you can double click the .PBF file regardless of the type of backup. *If you backed up an enter drive, it will expand all of the partitions beneath the PBF, or just the individual partition from the 000.* This is slightly different (a little more convenient) than the File Transfer Wizard.
    * This option is only supported from Windows or the WinPE Recovery CD.

4. Dundertaker

Hello;

Thank you for the reply.

@xygor:

"I think this is because the program itself is accessing the mounted volume which will happen if after mounting you exit the program gui and restart it or do a refresh (F5).

Try to not exit the gui between mount and unmount.

If it's too late or otherwise happens, you can try go to the windows disk manager and remove the drive letter, though the only sure way I've found is to reboot."

-- I did not exit the program I just minimized the program gui. The pics are screen shots of specific window and will not show the whole screen and the taskbar. It's too big if I'll show it all so I just picked out the needed ones. I did that just forgot to mention about disk manager. It says, the drive is still in use.

@SIW2;

Re: How to browse backup archive and restore individual files?
    --Thanks for the link and tip for restoring files. I tried that and it went fine. Tried it again to check(after reading your reply) and it was well. It's the "Mount/Unmount" where I have the problem.

Kindly see also my first post related to mounting/explore:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=280327

-----

Was hoping for a explanation why this is happening....It still is that way...

Regards!:)

5. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

there is such bug that mounted backup of System partition can't be unmounted.

6. Dundertaker

@Mech_An;

Thanks fo the reply.

Tsk....That is what I thought so and no mod have confirmed that except you...I uninstalled the product yesterday.

Regards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.