Archive location

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by janger, Apr 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

You need a FROZEN snapshot to make a direct boot from an archived snapshot possible.

The most practical way was :
    1. Go to Tools/Options/Freeze
    2. Change the Freeze Storage and go to any archived snapshot you want and that is your new Freeze Storage.
    After that the path will be changed and the "Freeze Storage.arx" will be replaced by the archived snapshot (xxxxxxx.arx) of your choice.
    3. Click on OK.

Then you simply reboot in your frozen snapshot and your frozen snapshot will be equal to the archived snapshot.
    Your reboot might take some more time than usual, but that is normal.
    You can do this with any archived snapshot.

Make sure you use a frozen test snapshot and don't forget to set the freeze storage back.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2007
  2. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Janger, Did the used portion of your C drive get larger about the size of a snapshot after you made the lost one? If not then it didn't take, and it isn't lost.

3. janger

janger Registered Member

twl845, yes space was taken up.

But it's all OK now. I found the archive eventually and was able to move it to a different partition. Very useful piece of software. Now I've just got to work out a snapshot strategy that works for me :)

4. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

As Peter2150 has so frequently & forcefully come out in complete confidence in FD-ISR, he leaves no stone unturned and task it to task with the same enthusiam, likewise with ErikAlbert and others who took a real chance to puch the envelpoe with it and is return only positive results for the most part.

@janger, when you apply your imagination, you soon disvoer with delight that FD-ISR provides a whole host of possibilites which should prove your confidence in this program 100% unlike none other before. Besides, nothing else is more thought provoking then to be able to experiement with all you can accomplish for yourself when creating snapshots & archives that at any time can and will afford the user this much independence with all those great choices that can always be counted on to correct any mistakes from the end-user all the way to some system failure and have you coming out of them smelling like a rose in the end.

It is definitely without question one fine piece of genious that rewars a user with a newfound confidence in working confidently with your computer again.

Yes, i am eleated to no end. It works as advertised & suggested and makes the word invicible mean something again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.