APT Kill Question

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Rainwalker, Dec 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

Greetings,
    When using kill test it seems that Kill 4 never pops ups a window. The highlighted line jumps to the next line above and in some processes this behavior shows itself with Kill # 4,and or 5 and 6. With Mozilla, for example it is Kill 4, 5, and 6. Also, with TH I Allowed write, read, terminate, setinfo and suspend in order to stop the logging. Can i safely do this? o_O

TIA

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Rainwalker, Your APT problem is known, it does sometimes jump to the programme above but shows no message. :) OK as long as the protected process is not killed.

TH should not need to be Allowed t0 Write, terminate, setinfo and suspend, unless you specifically require TH to T. T S & S protected (PG listed) For instance if you Had Task Manager as a listed app you may want to give it a terminate & read access so that, if necessary, you could terminate a listed programme.
    Allowed enablements always overide Blocked enablements within the PG list

HTH Pilli

3. Rainwalker

Thanks for getting back Pilli...... so how do i prevent TH from logging. :doubt:

4. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Ah, Now I do not know the answer to that :( Maybe a case of trial and error yo find the solution. KAV logs quite regularly in my PG log, I just clear the log avery now and then :)
    Having said that maybe allowing TH "getinfo" & "read" may help.

5. DolfTraanberg

DolfTraanberg Registered Member

This is the way I prevent the logs being filled up. Because the allowed privileges affect only the processes guarded by PG, you can safely do this.
    Dolf

6. Rainwalker

Thank you folks :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.