AppRemover not working - are there any alternatives?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by roger_m, Nov 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

I have used AppRemover a few times lately and it seems what was once looking like a promising program, now does a terrible job of cleaning antivirus leftovers.

The few times lately that I've run it, it's found nothing. In the old versions there was an option to do an extra search if nothing was found, this has been removed. To give an example of how it is missing remnants, I removed Trend Micro's Titanium Antivirus from a computer using its own included uninstaller due it not launching . After I encountered some problems with the computer not long after (not related to removing the antivirus) I did a system restore. After the system restore completed, there were a number of leftovers from Titanium AV remaining. I did a scan with AppRemover and it found none of them. I ended up using Final Uninstaller to do the cleanup.

I am wondering if there are any alternatives to AppRemover. Chances are I would have heard of them if they existed. I'm not looking to run individual AV removal tools, but rather a single program that can scan for and remove leftovers from a number of antivirus software - just like AppRemover is supposed to do.

2. J_L

J_L Registered Member

3. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I've used Revo free for a long time now and it always seems to do the job for me.

4. roger_m

5. roger_m

Revo is very good at what it does. But what I'm looking for is something that checks for traces of antivirus software long after they have been uninstalled.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.