Applications will not load in normal mode, wireless wont turn on

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by markusjd, Feb 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markusjd

markusjd Registered Member

Hi group, not sure where to post this.....

I have a Dell laptop, which has recently stopped loading any progammes in normal windows mode, it wont turn on wireless, wont run ie, wont run anything, it just freezes. If it doesnt freeze Task Manager shows that IE has been opened in the processes but it never runs, same as other programs. Cant virus check, run Hijack this or anything. It works fine up until you run a program. In Safe mode it runs, have run adaware, HJT and Defender and nothing suspicious found. In Safe mode all programs that cna be run in Safe Mode work fine.

Does this sound familiar, any virus/malware doing this at the moment? The fact that it works in Safe mode suggests to me that it is not a fault with the laptop perhaps and somethign suspicious....
    Any help is GREATLY received, have very angry wife and children!
    Mark

2. Brian_12

Brian_12 Guest

It sounds like your laptop is infected. Try following this guide: -http://realsecurity.web.officelive.com/removemalware.aspx

3. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

Hi, try doing a System Restore to a time before you had problems ;)

4. markusjd

trying to aviod a restore until i have to, i have tried before and it didn;t work for some reason (previous issue...)

thanks for replies

5. markusjd

ok, have run all of those, no infections found!!

here is logfile from HJT, please let me know if i need to post this elsewhere. PS its not a DELL!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------
    ~We no longer process logs on Wilders. See this link for suggested sites Mark~ https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1533481&postcount=3

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2011
  6. markusjd

ok thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.