Application Modification Logs

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by PhurBie, Jul 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhurBie

PhurBie Registered Member

Hi all,

I have been having issues with malware/trojans and by accident I clicked allow on the application modification without knowing the application name. Is there anyway I can find out what application this is? I can't seem to find logs for this anywhere in the GUI.

Thanks in advance.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Check the firewall rules, the application should have the communication allowed by a rule.

3. PhurBie

PhurBie Registered Member

Hi Marcos, thanks for the reply. I am aware of the firewall rules in Network -> Personal firewall -> Rules and zones -> Zone and rule editor -> Setup. The only information I can find here is when the rule was created in the Modified tab. What I am referring to is an application on the firewall rules that has been modified (ie. when an application is updated). This section is in Network -> Personal firewall -> Application modification detection but I cannot find any logs for this section.

Is this section even logged?

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I think you should find it in the "Modified" column of the appropriate communication rule.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.