Application log error 3, Acronis Test Program

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by normanm, Apr 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. normanm

normanm Registered Member

Torubleshooting an error in another application, I found the following in the Win XP Pro event log:

<Begin Quote>The description for Event ID ( 3 ) in Source ( Acronis Test Program ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Member not found (0xE0003)
    token = "Fomatik.DataWalkerDynamic.Host"
    Tag = 0x298D61E7C0088C31.<End Quote>

That was several days ago. I just made a test image and validated it, both from within windows and from an Acronis boot CD, and got no errors. I was having trouble with SAV Coporate 10.1 -- since uninstalled manually and reinstalled sucessfully, and the error occured around the same time, but I think those are merely coincidences.

Acronis Home 10 seems to be running fine. Again, I just made image and tested it two ways and could not reproduce Event Error 3. Any ideas was was happening?

Thank.

2. GianniC

GianniC Registered Member

From my event viewer:

Tipo evento: Errore
    Origine evento: Acronis Test Program
    Categoria evento: (14)
    ID evento: 3
    Data: 06/01/2007
    Ora: 19.31.11
    Utente: N/D
    Computer: STUDIO1
    Descrizione:
    Impossibile trovare la descrizione dell'ID evento ( 3 ) nell'origine ( Acronis Test Program ). Il computer locale potrebbe non disporre delle necessarie informazioni nel Registro di sistema o dei file DLL necessari per visualizzare messaggi da un computer remoto. Utilizzare /AUXSOURCE= flag per recuperare la descrizione. Per ulteriori informazioni, consultare la Guida in linea e supporto tecnico. Le seguenti informazioni sono parte dell'evento: Member not found (0xE0003)
    token = "Fomatik.DataWalkerDynamic.Host"
    Tag = 0x298D61E7C0088C31.

I suppose you have the same issue.
    This issue is resolved in build 4940.
    I have never seen this message again after upgrading.

Hope this can help.

3. normanm

Thanks very much. I just shagged the update, new build. I assume, even though it's the same version (10) I should make a new Acronis boot disk?

4. GianniC

GianniC Registered Member

Acronis support usually suggests to make a new boot disk on the every build.
    I have done so after the upgrade.

5. normanm

Thanks, I will.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.