Application log error 3, Acronis Test Program

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by normanm, Apr 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. normanm

normanm Registered Member

Torubleshooting an error in another application, I found the following in the Win XP Pro event log:

<Begin Quote>The description for Event ID ( 3 ) in Source ( Acronis Test Program ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Member not found (0xE0003)
    token = "Fomatik.DataWalkerDynamic.Host"
    Tag = 0x298D61E7C0088C31.<End Quote>

That was several days ago. I just made a test image and validated it, both from within windows and from an Acronis boot CD, and got no errors. I was having trouble with SAV Coporate 10.1 -- since uninstalled manually and reinstalled sucessfully, and the error occured around the same time, but I think those are merely coincidences.

Acronis Home 10 seems to be running fine. Again, I just made image and tested it two ways and could not reproduce Event Error 3. Any ideas was was happening?

Thank.

2. GianniC

GianniC Registered Member

From my event viewer:

Tipo evento: Errore
    Origine evento: Acronis Test Program
    Categoria evento: (14)
    ID evento: 3
    Data: 06/01/2007
    Ora: 19.31.11
    Utente: N/D
    Computer: STUDIO1
    Descrizione:
    Impossibile trovare la descrizione dell'ID evento ( 3 ) nell'origine ( Acronis Test Program ). Il computer locale potrebbe non disporre delle necessarie informazioni nel Registro di sistema o dei file DLL necessari per visualizzare messaggi da un computer remoto. Utilizzare /AUXSOURCE= flag per recuperare la descrizione. Per ulteriori informazioni, consultare la Guida in linea e supporto tecnico. Le seguenti informazioni sono parte dell'evento: Member not found (0xE0003)
    token = "Fomatik.DataWalkerDynamic.Host"
    Tag = 0x298D61E7C0088C31.

I suppose you have the same issue.
    This issue is resolved in build 4940.
    I have never seen this message again after upgrading.

Hope this can help.

3. normanm

Thanks very much. I just shagged the update, new build. I assume, even though it's the same version (10) I should make a new Acronis boot disk?

4. GianniC

GianniC Registered Member

Acronis support usually suggests to make a new boot disk on the every build.
    I have done so after the upgrade.

5. normanm

Thanks, I will.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.