Application Filtering Problem

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by 0strodamus, Jul 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 0strodamus

0strodamus Registered Member

Whenever I enter multiple ports in Application Filtering (advanced mode enabled), the entries revert to only 1 port. For example, if I enter "!80;119" and click ok, when I reopen the rule only the !80 will be there. If both ports are blocking (!80;!119) or allowing (80;119), the rule stays as entered. Is it not possible to enter both types in these fields?

2. Creer

Creer Registered Member

Hi,

I've noticed the same issue not only for ports but also for IP addresses.
    It should be possible to enter both types rules (allow and deny) in one field - but I'm unable to do that.
    Very strange...

EDIT:
    Nevermind :)

If you enter !80 - LNS allows other ports to access on App Filtering layer level (block only port 80)
    If you enter 119 - LNS allows only 119 port (others will be blocked)

So if you want enter one port to allow and other to block (as you mentioned !80;119) - then you will notice the same result by enter it in this way: 119 (port 80 will be blocked and other ports too).

Last edited: Sep 17, 2010
  3. 0strodamus

0strodamus Registered Member

Thanks Creer. I should have updated this post. I received a reply back from an LnS support ticket I submitted with the same good explanation you provided.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.