application filtering - patch didn't work

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by goldberry, Dec 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goldberry

goldberry Registered Member

Hi all, hope you can help. I checked the Look'N' Stop website for answers and searched this forum yesterday but didn't find the solution. I'm trialing LNS and really would like to get it working. Everything except app filtering is now working. I tried the patch and did not receive any error messages but the app list is still empty. I also tried checking the per user and the Common to all buttons as that seemed to work for some but neither made a difference for me. Since the last posts on this seemed to be from last summer, I was hoping there might be a solution now. Is there any possiblity that I could just do an uninstall and then reinstall to see if that would solve the problem? If i uninstall, do I need to do anything to the registry for a clean uninstall? Or will just doing the uninstall from my Add/remove programs be good enough? I am running XP SP2 with KAV installed. I turned off my XP firewall before installation. Hope my naivete in firewall issues isn't too bothersome yet? Thanks, Goldberry

2. Kush

Kush Registered Member

Hello Goldberry,

When I first installed LnS many months ago,I had the same problem.

Are you sure there is a check mark,where it say's Internet Filtering Enabled? If not please put a check and it should work.

If not you can alway's try this link and this person can help you.

http://www.fluxgfx.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6

LooknStop_Info_Fetcher_v1.1.exe *NEW*

3. goldberry

Hi Kush, that was quick reply. Yes, I do have the check enabled. Also, the log page is empty but that's another issue. I will check out the link you provided. Thanks, Goldberry

4. goldberry

You know what, I think I would like to do a uninstall and reinstall first. I wonder if I need to somehow inactivate Look'N'Stop before I uninstall? I geuss I will just uninstall thru my Control panel then add/remove programs. At this time, it looks like this problem might still be a common issue for some users.

5. goldberry

If I want to do the log report and other stuff to help evaluate this issue, do I do it before my uninstall or can I still do it after reinstalling? Thanks so much anyone for any answers. I did find info on removing registry keys if there are any problems with the uninstall. Hope this works, I really like LNS.

6. Kush

Kush Registered Member

Hello Goldberry,

If you want to do a complete uninstall of LnS
    please try this link for the Pantastic Uninstaller for LnS should fix all your problems if it is a registry problem?but if you still have any problems you should really try LooknStop_Info_Fetcher_v1.1.exe *NEW* by Phant0m he is a software reviewer and a good one at that and would be abe to help you out with the tools he created for LnS users and the problems we have and the ones we don't even know of.

Here is the link for the Pantastic Uninstaller Forum

http://www.fluxgfx.com/ssc/forumdisplay.php?f=19

If still no luck,please try LooknStop_Info_Fetcher_v1.1.exe *NEW* by Phant0m he has helped so many people,and I am sure he can help you out as soon as he has some free time.

7. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Hi goldberry,

Yes, to troubleshoot this issue, the Windows BootLog file is required to see at which time the lnsfw1.sys driver is loaded compared to TCPIP and NetBT.
    Use the 1st link provided by Kush or manually activate the BootLog at windows startup and then look at the ntbtlog.txt file.

If you reinstall Look 'n' Stop, be sure to reboot the computer between the Uninstallation and the Reinstallation, to be sure the uninstallation process is complete before reinstalling (otherwise sometimes some other problem may happen).

Regards,

Frederic

8. goldberry

Had to go out of town on business, just got back and read the replies. Thanks so much to everyone who answered my posts. I am excited and pleased to say it must have just been a rough install. I have uninstalled thru normal channels and reinstalled and now my application filtering is working. Now, I must do much homework and research to make sure I have done all I can to allow Look'N'Stop to do it's job at it's very best. Thanks again, Goldberry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.