Apples iCloud.com Acquisition Confirmed

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by SweX, Apr 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SweX

SweX Registered Member

iCloud.com is now owned by Apple.
    Wonder what service they will provide at that domain.....
    Full Story Here!

2. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

Views on the blogosphere suggest that this could be used for music services similar to iTunes on the desktop. In addition to that, some bloggers believe MobileMe is being revamped - this could be where it's going. iOS 5 is rumoured to make use of these new cloud services. It looks as if some of this will be revealed at the WWDC conference in June.

3. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Yes I know, but personally I don't think that since MobileMe have become a well known Apple service. So I belive it is something else.

And that iCloud.com becoming a pure music service for the desktop feels very far away. It just doesn't feel like a music service brand. :doubt: I mean it's not iMusic.com we are talking about. ;)

Maybe it will be some sort of "one location" where they connect several services, and not just one.

4. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

I agree it's not iMusic, but if they're combining several services in the cloud, then it makes sense to give it a more generic name.

5. SweX

SweX Registered Member

6. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.