Apple took 8 days to give me the data it had collected on me. It was eye opening.

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by guest, May 5, 2018.

1. guest

guest Guest

Apple took 8 days to give me the data it had collected on me. It was eye opening.
    May 4, 2018
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech...e-everything-had-me-heres-what-got/558362002/

2. RockLobster

RockLobster Registered Member

Seriously??
    Google and Facebook did not even check the identity of the person requesting the data?

3. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

I believe that you have to be logged in your account to request data they have about that account. So by being logged in, you are identified.

4. RockLobster

RockLobster Registered Member

Another reason not to have one in the first place.
    They are making that more difficult all the time though, buying up independent applications and googlizing them. It's like they are trying to monopolize the internet.
    For example how many photo editing apps does Google need? They already have the Photos application and Canva and snap seed God knows how many others.
    I think the end game is to monopolize and provide only two choices for everything, both owned by the same groups with the same agenda with just enough differences that the masses will believe they have a choice.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.