AppGuard 4.x 32/64 Bit - Releases

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Jryder54, Oct 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Syobon

Syobon Registered Member

thanks
    btw i formatted my pc without uninstalling appguard, will i have problems activating next time?

2. Jarmo P

Jarmo P Registered Member

Will be nice for me too to see those german, oops i mean finnish, oops i mean applications ready to be guarded instead an empty window on the current version. Hope I did not put you too hard on my messages Barb. I will wait for the official release. Then I'll complain if not anything to my liking. That will be too late of course, but I am not so much after betas :p

3. wojtek

wojtek Registered Member

Thanks a lot for the explanation! :)

4. roady

roady Registered Member

Is it on purpose that AdGuard 4.1 blocks writing to protected folders,even when in install mode??
    I left install mode on for a few hours,as I'm updating and installing some software,but got blocked events from AppGuard

Attached Files:

5. FleischmannTV

FleischmannTV Registered Member

1. There is no writing to protected folders in your activity report, only attempts to write to the registry.
    2. In install mode, most applications on the guarded applications list stay guarded. This does not apply to browsers in install mode, or else they would pass on their guarded status to the downloads you are trying to launch in install mode from within the browser.

6. roady

roady Registered Member

Isn't most part of the registry located in \system32 folder ? ??

Anyway,many THX for the clarification,FleischmannTV!:)

7. Barb_C

Barb_C Developer

Okay, everyone. Time to test the update feature (if you want). If you have AppGuard set to periodically check for updates, it should alert you that 4.1.41.2 is available for upgrade. It will check whenever you start AppGuard (i.e. reboot your PC) and every 3 days if you leave your PC up. If you get a notification about the Update, but you don't want to Install at that time, you will get reminded again after 1 day. If you do not have AppGuard set to check on updates, you can use the "Check for updates now" button on the Advanced page.

New in 4.1.41.2:

1. The license server will be checked every 5 days (it was checking every time that AppGuard started in 4.1.40 - sorry an oversight left over from our QA testing!). If AppGuard is unable to phone home after 5 days, it should still run.
    2. The EULA was changed to reflect version 4.1 - of course you won't see this during an update.
    3. A GUI crash that occurred under very specific conditions was fixed.
    4. The AppGuard Service is set to recover [almost] immediately if it would somehow crash.
    5. The AppGuard Service is no longer set to be Interactive with the desktop.
    The beta download site has been updated as well so anyone downloading the AppGuard beta since about 3:15 this afternoon, you will have version 4.1.41.2.

Note, if you are in Locked Down, the update will fail.

8. Barb_C

Barb_C Developer

You might. If you do, just email AppGuard@BlueRidge.com and they will hook you up.

9. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

Update worked, however clicking "about" indicates I am still using 4.1.41.0.

10. shadek

shadek Registered Member

Same here. Update worked fine. Version is wrong.

11. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Checked for updates and it indicated there was one, so I continued. Saw the message not to turn off or mess with AppGuard settings, but never saw it update itself. Checked the about page and wrong build like others stated. Weird though that if I go and check for updates again, it goes into "not responding" for a few seconds and no visual message saying "no updates available" nor anything.

dja2k

12. siketa

siketa Registered Member

Update is auto-detected.
    Popup appears and does not respond at the first click on Yes button.
    After the second click, tray popup is shown with update message.
    AG turns itself to OFF mode and that's it.
    Nothing happens and it stalls.....

Note: IMHO popup is too large for the amount and font size of the text.
    Two links (icon and AppGuard text) do nothing.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
  13. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hello,

Same issue as both dja2k and siketa...

14. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hello,

After three failed auto-update attempts, I decided to download and install over the top.
    I am not sure what is meant by "beta download site" as all I have is a direct link to the download, which is the older beta...

15. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

I tried the update feature, and AG never finished the update. I was prompted by AG about the update so I chose yes to update. The prompt did not disappear so I chose yes again, and then it disappeared. After that I had to wait about 2 minutes before AG prompted me with a Window that it was updating. I think it informed me to not shutdown Windows, or change any of AG's settings. I don't remember the exact message. The AG tray icon then had a X over it indicating that AG was disabled. I never did get any sort of update progress indication from AG after that informing me if AG was still updating, or if AG had completed the update. The tray icon still had an X over it so I double clicked on the tray icon to see if the UI was reporting anything about the update. The home UI Window says AppGuard is updating. Do not change level. The UI continues to say AG is updating, and it has been at least 20 minutes. If I right click on the tray icon, and click about AG still reports the old version as being installed. I have a screenshot below showing what the AG UI is reporting. I could try running Debug View to see if I can capture where the installation is failing. I would definitely recommend some sort of bubble coming from the taskbar to indicate the installation progress, or some sort of progress bar.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
  16. Cutting_Edgetech

I waited for about 40 minutes, and then rebooted. AG still reports the old build, and ask if I want to update again.

17. Cutting_Edgetech

Ok, so I rolled back my machine, and installed AG again. I then tried the auto update feature, and it failed again. The same thing happened as I described in post 1615 except I only had to click yes once on the prompt that asked me if I wanted to update. I ran debug view during the entire process, and I saved the logs for BRN to look at. I will send BRN a bug report with the logs. I'm using Windows 7X64 Ultimate.

18. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I let my XP machine auto update. it said it was updating to 4.14.2 but now the about screen reports 4.14

I just tried check for updates and it said non was available.

Pete

19. brainrb1

brainrb1 Registered Member

Same problem on windows 8.1, auto update feature not working.

20. KaptainBug

KaptainBug Registered Member

Update installed fine, but version number is 4.1.41.0.

21. smith2006

smith2006 Registered Member

Tried doing auto-update a few times & it seems like it was stuck at creating system restore point (I do not use System Protection in Windows 7. During manual update or install, it will prompt at this stage).

Here are the last few entries of the unsuccessful update (appguardsetup_selfupdate.log)
    At the end, I did a reboot & I tried doing manual update by using the file appguardsetup_selfupdate.exe somewhere (C:\ProgramData\Blue Ridge Networks\AppGuard).

The result (My previous version was 4.1.40.0) :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
  22. Cutting_Edgetech

I attempted Auto Update twice, and each time I rolled my machine back before attempting to update again. The update failed both times. I ran debug view during the 2nd update attempt, and sent BRN my debug view log. I have system protection disabled on my machine so Windows can not create a restore point. I think system restore is a waste since I make full image backups using Shadow Protect. I don't think Window's system restore is very reliable. Maybe that's why the update failed on my machine. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I will let BRN know about this being a possible cause for the update failure.

23. smith2006

smith2006 Registered Member

No problem. :)

I guess it's stuck at creating system restore point, don't know what to do after that. :D

24. Cutting_Edgetech

I just sent BRN an email informing them about the system restore issue being a possible cause for the update failures on some machines. It's something to look into anyways. I also recommended they add a bubble alert, or a progress bar to inform the user how the update is going. IMO the one popup Window you get when the update starts is not enough.

25. Cutting_Edgetech

Here is my debug view log. I don't see anything in it about system restore attempting to execute.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.