AppGuard 4.x 32/64 Bit - Releases

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Jryder54, Oct 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guest

guest Guest

Copy-paste non-guarded portable apps to C: > run executable > no block

2. Lockdown

Lockdown Registered Member

Whatever you do - DO NOT add C:\* to User Space (YES) !!!!!

3. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Kinda like locking the barn door open. ROFL

4. Lockdown

Actually, there is no workaround in AppGuard consumer; the workaround is only available in Enterprise. Well... that ain't exactly true. There is a workaround, but it's just not a good idea as it's convoluted.

I will say it again...

DO NOT add C:\ or C:\* to User Space (YES) !

As I said earlier - I've submitted a bug report. I'm not sure how the entire issue will be resolved as there are multiple considerations.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
  5. guest

guest Guest

i know, i'm not that stupid lol

6. nomas

nomas Registered Member

Jeff T

Is there any way to share the hardened AppGuard policy (from a different forum) from an AppGuard URL instead of the used mega.nz URL? I'm reluctant to download files for security apps from sites like mega.nz. Either an appguard URL or email with customer service would be much better for me.

7. guest

guest Guest

The hardened xml isn't official (yet) so it isn't hosted on BRN site.

8. Lockdown

The hardened xml is just a policy I created to save advanced users time. It is not official and likely never will be implemented as the default AppGuard configuration. Certain elements of it will be implemented in a future release.

Since it isn't official there will be no download link from BRN servers or be available through support.

9. jelson

jelson Registered Member

This makes a LOT of sense for most end-users. HOWEVER, I've in a small minority who have moved my User files and my folders of "portables" off of my system drive "C:\"

Why? a). It keeps my system drive small and b). makes it simple to do a system restore without losing any data files.

I've seen posts in the past where guest mentions that this makes properly configuring AppGuard more difficult. But I'm still uncertain what's the best way to handle this.

10. guest

guest Guest

exactly the same reasons, i put them in another partition.

highly situational, on my system, i can't add some apps to Guarded list while Jeff (with the same apps) can , but they won't load guarded on his system...

11. Lockdown

I can add non-system drive programs to Guarded Apps list, but they will only launch in Protected mode. Locked Down mode blocks all execution for Guarded Apps on NSD. That is a bug - as is @guest's issue. He gets an error message when attempting to add NSD programs to Guarded Apps list.

12. paulderdash

paulderdash Registered Member

13. guest

guest Guest

@paulderdash no problem for it; if you need PS, just disable the level of security for the time you need it. then resume as before.

14. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

I was surfing the web, and I just looked down at the taskbar to find AppGuard disabled. This is happening way too often now. I don't feel AppGuard can be trusted anymore on my machines. It says my License is invalid. My internet connection is working fine, and my Firewall should be allowing all from AG AFAIK. I guess I will have to contact BRN again to see why AG has disabled itself.

Attached Files:

15. guest

guest Guest

@Cutting_Edgetech Sometime the tray icon become frozen to the last state while the protection is still normal ; close tray icon and relaunch AG, most important is that the agent and service is still active. Be sure to check that next time it will happen.

16. Cutting_Edgetech

That works most of the time to enable protection again, but my protection seems to be disabled until I do that. I don't want to constantly have to check to make sure AG is enabled, and operating as it should.

17. Lockdown

18. guest

guest Guest

i thinkit is just a display bug, happen to me from time to time when something made my system lagged (especially explorer.exe) but the protection is still active.

next time try to launch something that is supposed to be blocked and see what happens.

19. Cutting_Edgetech

Thank you, but I have never set up a user account with BRN. I have asked BRN several times over the years to provide user accounts, but I was never informed they provided them until now. I will have to see if I can set one up somehow.

20. Lockdown

21. Lockdown

Go to this URL: https://license.blueridge.com/solo/customers/ForgotPassword.aspx

Select "Find my account information."

Search using your e-mail, Customer ID, License ID (right-click AppGuard tray icon "About").

I would search using the e-mail that you submitted when requesting the beta license. If that returns no results in that e-mail address' in-box, then I would try the License ID followed by a Customer ID (if one was issued to you with the beta license).

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/attachments/capture-png.254002/

22. Cutting_Edgetech

Thank you for all your help! I will try as you have suggested tomorrow evening after I get off work, and report back. I must get a few hours sleep now before going back to work. Thank You!

23. nomas

nomas Registered Member

Jeff_T

Is an AppGuard license good for 3 computers, 3 activations, or some combination of both that add up to 3? I can see in the licensing portal I have one used activation and two activations remaining. I would like to know Blue Ridge's intent. It would be useful for me to leverage the license across 3 computers, if that is allowed. I searched appguardus.com and my purchase email confirmation, but could not find this topic addressed. Please advise. Thank you

24. Jarmo P

Jarmo P Registered Member

I am not sure about this so your question is a good one. My understanding for AppGuard 4.x license is this:

It is only intended for a one computer at a time, but say your computer dies or you buy a new computer, you can install it to an other one. Remember to uninstall from the old one with internet on. No way it should be possible to run the same license on 3 computers.

25. FleischmannTV

FleischmannTV Registered Member

It depends on when you bought the license. The old model was 3 PCs per license, the new one is 1 per license.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.